UIUC Meet?
Feb 12, 2003 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 11
oh btw, we can meet at my apartment if you like, I'm near 3rd and green. Whatever is most convenient. We could even do a multi-location meet, so we don't have to lug around amps and sources and stuff.

Feb 13, 2003 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 11
I'm always game. The best time for me would be late afternoon on Saturdays. My setup is a Sony C555ES --> MG Head OTL --> HD580 Jubilee. Hopefully I'll be able to pull together my CMOY in time (got some new opamps put them in, not working so now it's in a few pieces while I debug).

Feb 13, 2003 at 5:06 AM Post #4 of 11
Saturdays are definitely my best day as well, though this coming saturday I already have something else planned.

Anyway, my list of junk includes:

philips sacd1000
marantz 140 power amp (with volume control)
akg k1000
grado sr-60
cmoy (based off hansen board)
sharp mt-877
also a pair of ety er-4s, but I'm unfortunately out of foamies. let too many people listen to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Next week I'm also taking delivery of a pair of vandersteen 1c's, which I'm pretty pumped about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 11
Oh yeah, I have a set of Grado SR-60's, but they're being sent in for repair but shouldn't take too long. The Grados seem to be very popular in town. I usually see a student or two once in awhile wearing them. Heck, when I brought them in to Mail Boxes, Etc. to ship them out the other day, the clerk told me he had a pair of them. I remember that one of the guys at Champaign Audio said that they sell about a pair a week.

Mar 12, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 11
That's a good idea. Unfortunately I'm not really in the market for a headphone amp at the moment.
frown.gif
However, if it sounds *really* good, and it can drive k1000's and act as a preamp, I may be interested.

Actually, you might want to check into ordering parts through the ece store. I haven't bought anything there myself yet, but perhaps it would be cheaper than buying straight from digikey, mouser, etc?

Mar 12, 2003 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 11
I get bits and pieces from them all the time. However, their opamp selection is limited and nothing on there has caught my eye as being ones that people on the forums use for amps. I only use them when I need a coupla parts. But if your going to order parts for a whole amp, I would go with Digikey or something else of the like. K1000's eh? You know what, I vote we just go over and case Jim's place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back