UiiSii impressions thread
Mar 25, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #32 of 193
I am not a fan of the stock ear tips and I swapped them with wider bore ear tips.
I just found the rest of the bag of eartips I have been so happy about.
The "generic" tips I put on were from the Earphones Plus vendor on Amazon several years ago. They are wide bore as well and literally open up the sound of the CM5.
Mind-blowing price-to-perormance on these phones.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #33 of 193
Really enjoying my CM5's from the Amazon sale. These are very smooth and natural sounding. Also extremely comfortable. I was highly impressed with the packaging and accessories..... Wow! Is it just me or do these seem to respond drastically to tip rolling? You can really alter the sound signature with tip changes. I spent a good hour tip rolling and they sound amazing! Very natural for budget in ear's.

So which tips did you settle on?

I'm planning to use some medium Auvio tips with my CM5 when they arrive, they're fairly wide but I can't remember the measurements. I've got some random really wide bore black tips lying around, so I'll give those a go too!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #35 of 193
So which tips did you settle on?

I'm planning to use some medium Auvio tips with my CM5 when they arrive, they're fairly wide but I can't remember the measurements. I've got some random really wide bore black tips lying around, so I'll give those a go too!
They are from Rha, medium bore bullet shape. This is the only iem they work on for me. Very soft silicone. Super comfy.

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #37 of 193
They are from Rha, medium bore bullet shape. This is the only iem they work on for me. Very soft silicone. Super comfy.

Medium bore, okay cool. I think thats what the Auvios are, they work for me on many IEMs. Hopefully CM5 as well!

Did anyone else notice that the instructions said to burn them In? First time I've seen a manufacturer suggest it.

Maybe they know something about the graphene drivers we dont? :p

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #38 of 193
Great descriptions, especially the Hi-905. I ordered a pair but can't seem to locate them.

I know that many people had difficulty getting a good seal, so how much did tip-rolling assist in better bass response?

The short answer is that tip-rolling really does not have a significant impact on the quantity of bass. These are a bass light earphones period. There are vent holes on the front and rear but I haven't tried sealing them. At first I tried many different tips, cable over ear and number of different insertion methods but could not significantly increase the bass quantity. What I am using now is the largest tip I had in my collection. It has a similar shape to the KZ starlines but is larger than the largest KZ. I have no idea where this tip came from originally. I wear them cable down and this provides a decent seal and is very comfortable. Hope this helps if you are able to locate the ones you ordered.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #39 of 193
I just found the rest of the bag of eartips I have been so happy about.
The "generic" tips I put on were from the Earphones Plus vendor on Amazon several years ago. They are wide bore as well and literally open up the sound of the CM5.
Mind-blowing price-to-perormance on these phones.

the wider bore tip really opens up the sound.I used to think that the CM5 sounded a little too focused on the center and doesn't sound full to my ears. After I changed the tips, I can see myself using it more often now.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #40 of 193
Thanks for starting this thread. I am a long time UiiSii fan and feel the brand deserves more attention. I currently own the HM7, Hi-905, BA-T8. BA-T7, CM5 and Hi-820. (listed in order of purchase) Other than the HM7 all were purchase without me finding any reviews or information about what to expect in relation to their sound quality. As a brand I have found all their products to be very well made and of a high quality. I feel I should mention that from my experience with these 6 models, I have not found an "UiiSii" sound, all of these earphones have a completely different look and sound. Hopefully this thread will help you find the UiiSii that best suits your budget and preferences.

Given the number of KZ's available in the $15 to $30 range I wonder how some of UiiSii's higher priced items compare. Is the BA-T7 worth the $40 Amazon is asking for them?
61D4tHjeo8L._SL1500_.jpg
61TtNPOTpcL._SL1500_.jpg

How would you best describe their sound signature and comfort?

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #41 of 193
^I'd like to know this too!

If CM5 sounds like people say it sounds like, the BA-T7 should be something pretty special.

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #42 of 193
the wider bore tip really opens up the sound.I used to think that the CM5 sounded a little too focused on the center and doesn't sound full to my ears. After I changed the tips, I can see myself using it more often now.
I used them for monitoring with the bands I played with last weekend. Neither the medium foams nor the Earphones Plus large silicone tips provided enough isolation from either drummer, (think Animal from the Muppets)... Large New Bee foams to the rescue! Ahh, that's better.
For listening to pre recorded music, the wide-bore silicones are going back on.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #44 of 193
^I'd like to know this too!

If CM5 sounds like people say it sounds like, the BA-T7 should be something pretty special.

While the BA-T7 is not a bad earphone at $40.00 it is currently competing with a number of other competent earphones. Last I checked I could not find any reviews of the BA-T7 so to help you have an idea of what it sounds like I am going to point to another earphone that sounds similar and has been reviewed by a number of respected reviewers. The Xiaomi HD Pro. sounds similar to the BA-T7. These are both on the bright side with a mid bass emphasis and mild V-shaped signature. I personally find the treble on the Xiaomi less harsh and as a result I prefer the Xiaomi. The Xiaomi HD Pro can regularly be found sale priced around $20 on gearbest, so I would consider it a better deal. The Advanced M4 can also be purchased from Advanced now for $39.99 and in my opinion is vastly superior to either the BA-T7 or HD Pro. Of the UiiSii's I own the value stars are the CM5, HM7 and Hi-820.

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #45 of 193
While the BA-T7 is not a bad earphone at $40.00 it is currently competing with a number of other competent earphones. Last I checked I could not find any reviews of the BA-T7 so to help you have an idea of what it sounds like I am going to point to another earphone that sounds similar and has been reviewed by a number of respected reviewers. The Xiaomi HD Pro. sounds similar to the BA-T7. These are both on the bright side with a mid bass emphasis and mild V-shaped signature. I personally find the treble on the Xiaomi less harsh and as a result I prefer the Xiaomi. The Xiaomi HD Pro can regularly be found sale priced around $20 on gearbest, so I would consider it a better deal. The Advanced M4 can also be purchased from Advanced now for $39.99 and in my opinion is vastly superior to either the BA-T7 or HD Pro. Of the UiiSii's I own the value stars are the CM5, HM7 and Hi-820.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Btw the HM7 look like they would be perfect for listening to music or watching movies in bed before going to sleep. They are sooo tiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back