Uhm, just ordered my first serious pair of cans.
Jul 16, 2002 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Fadamacka

100+ Head-Fier
After a LOT of consideration, and thanks to you guys (!)
rolleyes.gif
i've ordered a pair of Grado RS-1's. Just so you should feel bad about your self, I posted this post. (ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!! YOU GUYS HAVE A BAD INFLUENCE ON ME!!
biggrin.gif
)

Jul 16, 2002 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 9
Glad to hear there's another convert out there. Good luck with your Grado experience. Make sure you post some comments about your impressions once you get a chance to listen for a while.

I had VERY favorable impressions of the RS1 from the WOH Tour. Likely my next headphone purchase.

Bruce

Jul 16, 2002 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 9
holy ****! that's quite a "start-off" pair of headphones! but don't worry, i'm sure next month you'll have an ra-1 to go with it..

my first pair of "serious" headphones was the grado sr-325 and they still hold a special place in my listening schedule. although, i have rs-1's now and they're definitely better! good luck!

Jul 16, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Enjoy it! Now that you have the RS1, you will need to buy the RA1. next. This is a great combo that will really make the RS1 shine! It's my favorite pair now... Now, I need a better amp to work with my Senn HD600.

Jul 17, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 9
First "serious phones?" I wonder what your other cans are.
RS-1? That is what I call stepping up to the plate!
md

Jul 17, 2002 at 8:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Congrats, my first pair of headphones were the SR325s and I loved them. I bet you will like the RS1's alot too.
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2002 at 9:40 AM Post #9 of 9
Haha, I know, I know.. It's a bit overkill (or is it??) for a beginner, but I was down at my local shop, and I listened to the reference series once, and they were absolutely fantastic compared to the 325 (a bit to harsh for my taste) and 225's, so i thought i'd spend ALL of my savings so far on the rs1's
biggrin.gif
Just so I was relatively certain I had the "best" in their lineup of models. (Don't you guys DARE to mention the HP series. i really am broke now
biggrin.gif
) Geez, I hope i'll get away with nought in toll, since the guy that's sending the cans is marking them as a gift. Do you think that'll work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back