uh, Metal Detection-Fi? Go, Bill Wyman!
Apr 18, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #16 of 23
I always wanted a metal detector when I was a kid... actually up until I was at least like 16 haha.

I should try to find one lying on the curb next week; our city is having "spring cleaning week" where everywhere puts out all their junk alongside the road.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that actually might be quite trippy. anyone for a K1000/Sonic-T/Bill Wyman Signature Metal Detector rig?
smily_headphones1.gif

Paging Neilpeart...

Paging Neilpeart...

biggrin.gif

-Ed

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #18 of 23
The more I read about Mr. Wyman, the more he fits into the category of "crazy ol coot who 'trols for treasure on the beach" -

Wikipedia quote: "At age 47, Bill Wyman began a relationship with 13-year old Mandy Smith, with her mother's blessing. Six years later, they were married, but the marriage only lasted a year. Not long after, Bill's 30-year-old son Stephen almost married Mandy's mother, age 46. That nearly made Stephen a stepfather to his former stepmother. (If Bill and Mandy had remained married, Stephen would have been his father's father-in-law and his own step-grandfather!)".

Apr 18, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #20 of 23
i guess the funniest thing is seeing a signature edition model of an object not usually associated with signature editions. such as, why a detector and not a bass?

which got me to thinking - why isn't there a signature model Headphone out there yet? at least for a famous DJ or something? you'd think they'd want to tap into that, no?

Oops NM they did it - for a Norwegian Snowboarder!

Apr 18, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord SW Ont /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my idea of an "ideal" metal detecting head-fi setup:

mdhifi1.jpg

Been detecting and head-fi'ing for years ... love em both!

orpheus driving an hd650? good luck with that
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess the funniest thing is seeing a signature edition model of an object not usually associated with signature editions. such as, why a detector and not a bass?

which got me to thinking - why isn't there a signature model Headphone out there yet? at least for a famous DJ or something? you'd think they'd want to tap into that, no?

Oops NM they did it - for a Norwegian Snowboarder!

we need a fabio signature model for a reissue of the hp1000!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back