UE10PRO (comin soon)
Jun 9, 2004 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

KPOT

100+ Head-Fier
MMM! Very soon! They're expected to ship around June 21. I'm the FIRST russian, who ordered them from UE.

SO, I''ll write comparison and great review. Now i'm working above the songs for review...

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 28
KPOT:

WOW! You might qualify to get a custom title like "the First Ruskie Tszar Canaling" or something. Ask Jude. This is terrific news for you! I wonder if you got the full-soft material and which color combinations did you choose?

Jun 10, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KPOT
MMM! Very soon! They're expected to ship around June 21. I'm the FIRST russian, who ordered them from UE.

Cool, you beat several hundred million others!
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Cool, you beat several hundred million others!
biggrin.gif

Not really
very_evil_smiley.gif

But I dont want to burst his bubble
wink.gif
Congrats KPOT...

[size=small]Now[/size] about that amplifier...

[size=medium]UE-10 = $1000.00

Amplifier needed to make it sound good = $2000.00 minimum...

What do you have in mind?
very_evil_smiley.gif

(calculations according to the KPOT theory for good sound
wink.gif
)
[/size]

Cheers!
eggosmile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #7 of 28
Are you kidding?
devil.gif
devil.gif

I've just said they needed 2k$ amp to sound like 1k$ phones, to achieve the highest performance. You can use them with cheaper amp and source, but then you won't get best...
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

I have very good amp for them, but not the best
smily_headphones1.gif

You wont't find any info about this amp (limited version). I can say some specs as S/N RATIO: 125dB, DYNAMIC RANGE 122dB and others....

Just to refresh your memory
wink.gif

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showp...0&postcount=44

Quote:

His amp! UE costs more than amp... AMP should cost double...

Limited version? I mean...how limited can it get that there is no information about it? Surely you can share a link or a picture or something?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

I've chosen CLEAR color both for the phones and cable and FULL-SOFT option.

I thhink I would go with the clear option myself. Could you explain the FULL-SOFT option in a little more detail?

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 28
Have you also upgraded your setup on the SOURCE end? IIRC sources make a HUGE difference...with a MD player I doubt the UE-10 will sound too much better than those terrible HD-650/CD3000 and AKG K1000 headphones and other "LOW-END" headphones...

Of course...with a bad source even the Shure E2C can give the UE-10 a run for the money
wink.gif

eggosmile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #14 of 28
2 gsferrari:
I'm not going to listen phones with MD, as this format is obviously worser than uncompressed audio. I will test them on DVD-AUDIO, SACD and CD.

2 gpalmer:

Quote:

Available in our proprietary “full-soft” material, any part of the earpiece that is touching the ear is made of a slightly softer more pliable material. This “full-soft” material is perfect for extended wear such as listening to music, movies, etc. and enhances the custom fit by allowing the maximum in comfort.

From UE site.

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

2 gpalmer:

From UE site.

Sounds like a wise decision to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back