UE Triple Fi 10 vs pro version? run/alternatives
Feb 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Aerinqq

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
can anyone tell me the difference between Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 and Triple Fi pro version?
I can get the normal version for 200 USD (beeing refered as noise isolating version on ebay) but the pro version seems to be around 400 USD...is the difference rly that big? Or am I completly mistaken here and theyre the same earphones with just different sellers having completly different price?
I hear many ppl complaining about the comfort, I plan to use them in gym and while running, wont they drop out? I owned Fi 5 pro for many years and it was ok even while running, are they the same in the matter of comfort and fit? I use it with ipad classic 120 GB, will it hold me back a lot or is the sound source decent?
Also are there any other decent alternatives to triple fi 10 in 200 USD price range?

thanks in advance

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2 of 6
If I remember correctly, UE ran a contest in naming the TF10 right here on Head-Fi and the final name was Triple.Fi 10 Pro. So as far as I can tell that's the only name there's ever been.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 6
The TF10 is a really nice sounding headphone to me and I listen to them quite often. However I don't think mine would stay in during a workout or run. Maybe with the foam Comply tips, but maybe (or even likely) not.

-Eric

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #5 of 6
They're basically the same IEM. Just different name. TF10 sound is really good coming from an entry level audiophile IEM and given its price. Soundstage is pretty wide with very good treble energy and extension. Bass is punchy and pretty fast. Mids are lush but vocals are slightly more recessed. It's more of a V shape sound signature.

Other IEMs in that price bracket you can consider would be R50, GR07 or DBA-02. If you are willing to top up abit you can check out Westone 3.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the response. I think ill get the IE 80 as I can get em for around 200 usd and it seems there are no other better options within this price range (maybe some other on the "par"). Westone 3 are like 70% more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back