UE triple fi 10 and shure se530
Jul 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #46 of 63
How do the se530's do with Meshuggah and Tool?

Most interested in the cymbal performance. Meshuggah is very intense.
Tool has a more delicate use of cymbals, hit them different spots, different force ... I often find them very crisp and detailed.

This will hopefully be my last question before deciding. If they can manage tool and meshuggah it should be fine...

forgot: when did shure start using the "new" cables on the se530?

Jul 21, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for a great explanation AgainstTheGrain
will the shures's be personal on live recordings
tongue.gif
?

Won't have the opportunity to test both, and don't have the money. Probably won't be disappointed with either one going from the e2c's.

About the "clean sound" - what I have to compare with are porta pros, MS1, HP890, e2c and HD200. The ones I don't think sounds clear imo is the e2c's and the hd200. e2c sounds like something is between the sounds, something filling up and removing clarity. The HD200 sounds far away and boring sometimes, like the music is coming from another room and therefor lacks clarity from being so far away. Hope you understand..

The highs don't seem to be a problem if you don't a-b compare them. How are they compared to MS1?

Will Shure fix the cable even if I buy them used?

the e2c and hd200 aren't even in the same breath as the SE530...let me state that again... NOT IN THE SAME BREATH. and if the se530 are amped and have a good seal forget about it. its eargasm after eargasm.

well that's how the shures sound to me. like you are right there with the band and the triple fi you are in a live concert. that is a simplified way of putting it I know but you get the idea. they are both great sounding it just depends on which one you prefer.

Jul 21, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #48 of 63
After a week i find myself using the shure more and more
comfort is a big issue and the triple fi are lil awkward
built a fence yesterday with the shure unamped from iphone over period of 8 hours and had no fatigue or pain in ears from the shure!!
other side of the fence to be done in next few days so going to try the triple fi whilst doing that part!!
as for the shure being a little fragile i cant agree!
managed to get them caught up about 6 times and each time they parted at the join half way up my back rather than pop out my ears!!
sound wise i dont expect them to be as good as my grado's or k701's but i'm pleasantly surprised!!
will let you know when the fence is finished where i stand overall!!

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a week i find myself using the shure more and more
comfort is a big issue and the triple fi are lil awkward
built a fence yesterday with the shure unamped from iphone over period of 8 hours and had no fatigue or pain in ears from the shure!!
other side of the fence to be done in next few days so going to try the triple fi whilst doing that part!!
as for the shure being a little fragile i cant agree!
managed to get them caught up about 6 times and each time they parted at the join half way up my back rather than pop out my ears!!
sound wise i dont expect them to be as good as my grado's or k701's but i'm pleasantly surprised!!
will let you know when the fence is finished where i stand overall!!

glad you're enjoying the shures more. as i've stated before comfort is a major issue and usually people who haven't tried the se530s and only the triple fis say that the triple fis fit fine. once you have had the shures in your ears its hard to go back to anything else.

try hooking up your predator to the se530s...you will be in ear heaven. good luck with the other side of the fence and the triple fi but i would bet that you put the shures back in about midway through lol.

Jul 22, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #50 of 63
I happen to be one of the lucky ones with good fit for triple. The replaceable cable option is great and more reason to keep them over SE530, not to mention rolled off highs of SE.

Jul 22, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #51 of 63
It's all personal preference for sound presentation, I guess. SE530 did not come anywhere near meeting, never mind exceeding, my expectations, but I hope they do for others. They're a rightfully well-regarded IEM. Just not my cuppa tea.

And SQ aside, x2 on the UE cable. Replaceability is a blessing & a path to upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all personal preference for sound presentation, I guess. SE530 did not come anywhere near meeting, never mind exceeding, my expectations, but I hope they do for others. They're a rightfully well-regarded IEM. Just not my cuppa tea.

And SQ aside, x2 on the UE cable. Replaceability is a blessing & a path to upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

Not meaning to disrespect SE530 in anyway. They are definitely well respected and owned by many head-fi'ers.

Jul 22, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #53 of 63
LOL, don't worry RT - I have dissed them before now! Tryin to be nice about them these days...ish
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say... you are pretty lucky if you were able to get boyh of them!!
Still, I prefer my Triple.fi's.

I'm excited to get the Triples, as I have no basis for comparison with the SE530s. When I get them, we'll see...

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKHAVEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm excited to get the Triples, as I have no basis for comparison with the SE530s. When I get them, we'll see...

I've had both and prefer the Triples by a large margin. The E500/SE530 were a total shock to me given their price.

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #57 of 63
As a bass-head, which of these 2 give a deeper (impact/sub) bass? I have a feeling it's the Shure's.

I'm currently using the CX300's and looking to upgrade. I know both are a solid upgrade, but I know, while both will give me a far more accurate/detailed bass, I will still be dissapointed if the 'amount' of bass doesn't come close to the CX300's.

I won't buy the Pro EB because of the way they fit in your ear and I feel the same about the Atrio's...

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a bass-head, which of these 2 give a deeper (impact/sub) bass? I have a feeling it's the Shure's.

I'm currently using the CX300's and looking to upgrade. I know both are a solid upgrade, but I know, while both will give me a far more accurate/detailed bass, I will still be dissapointed if the 'amount' of bass doesn't come close to the CX300's.

I won't buy the Pro EB because of the way they fit in your ear and I feel the same about the Atrio's...

I think you would prefer the Shures if bass is your thing. The are fantastic for that, with a real, visceral thump. You will be blown away by not just the amount of bass, but the quality of bass compared to the CX300.

As far as the Pro EB, they are uncomfortable, but maybe consider the Atrio's, as their comfort isn't nearly as bad. Once again, though, on the sound quality side, the Pro EBs bass is poor, even though it hits hard. The Atrio's are better.

Jul 23, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, how would you compare the E530's to the Atrio's when it comes to bass? I have a feeling I should buy the Atrio's... just have to get myself over the "looks" part...

Looks matter to many, and the atrios are ugly (the black are certainly better then the blue though...). If you can get over the looks, the Atrios thump hard and I think you'd be very pleased. You'd save yourself a bit of money too. The question you may really want to consider is, knowing yourself, if you get the Atrios, will you be able to stop there and be happy? If the answer is yes, I think your decision is made. If you are like me, you won't be satisfied until you've gotten the best you can ever hope to reasonably afford, the SE530s. Having said that, I want to pick up a pair of Atrios as an everyday out-and-about pair (I worry to much about using my SE530s are knockarounds). That's another consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back