UE Super.fi 5 Pros not bassy enough compared to Senn's CX300
Nov 7, 2008 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gilgameshx

New Head-Fier
I really hope my Superfi.5 Pros isn't faulty, but for some reason when I did a test with Sennheiser's CX300 the CX300's produced a lot more bass than my Pros. My mp3 player is Creative Zen Micro and the earphones were connected to my FiiO amp. I do have a good seal on both earphones, with my Pros using Shure Olives. I do noticed that the Pros seems to be equal on all levels and the CX300 being more boomy on the bass. In order for me to enjoy the bass, I have to set the volume at a higher level but that level makes my ears hurt. I really thought the Pros were bassy enough, I guess I didn't know how much a bass head I am. The type of music I listen to is Progressive Trance.

Is this problem normal? I tried the EBs before and although they were great, I couldn't get a good fit even with the Shure Olives. I have heard that the Atrio's M5 can deliver just as good bass as the EBs, maybe better. Can someone recommend me a good set of in-ear canalphones? I'm not sure if I should just sell my Pros and get something else instead. I am planning to get the Cowon D2 someday, maybe that'll help with their Mach3Bass setting.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 8
super.fi are armature based and imho, the bass quantity shouldnt be compared to dynamic driver. dynamic driver capable of pushing a lot more air than armature.

se530 and um2 are the only bass monster i know in armature iem.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 8
Trance is a basshead genre, and even though the Superfi 5 Pro is pretty bassy I'm not surprised if you want more. So go for the Atrio M5, they are probably what you are looking for.

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 8
CX300 has a lot of bloated bass, so most IEM in comparison will sound bass light.

Nov 7, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #5 of 8
Ah no wonder
tongue.gif
, I did noticed that the bass of the CX300 is bloated. Too much where it blows the details away.

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 8
i thought the super fi 5 pro were much bassier than the cx300, giving much bigger slam and impact, they hit hard, the cx300 dont exactly hit hard with slam but instead tend to just muffle.

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trance is a basshead genre...

Disagree totally. It's bass and treble with few mids. Rock is primarily mids for example.

Nov 7, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #8 of 8
You can also try the Klipsch X10, I hear that those have insane bass. I just waiting for mine to come in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back