UE Super.Fi 5 Pro + Westone US cable + Comply tips
Jun 23, 2008 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Benji99

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just decided to buy the Westone ES cable and Comply foam tips for my Super.Fi.

I should have read the forums more carefully because I purchased the cable directly from Westone and the pins are obviously a little long. That said, I do have them connected and they seem to sound very nice, except that there's 3-4 mm gap between the cable and IEM.

Did anyone else buy the original ES cable for the Super.Fi? Did you leave as is? Is it possible to trim the pins yourself, if so what tools did you use? Personally I was thinking of putting a smal shrink tube on top of the gap. Any recommendations?

As for the complys, I'm really really impressed by them but I never used foam tips before. I'm just curious how long you guys normally use a pair of foam tips before replacing them

Thanks in advance!

Jun 24, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benji99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I just decided to buy the Westone ES cable and Comply foam tips for my Super.Fi.

I should have read the forums more carefully because I purchased the cable directly from Westone and the pins are obviously a little long. That said, I do have them connected and they seem to sound very nice, except that there's 3-4 mm gap between the cable and IEM.

Did anyone else buy the original ES cable for the Super.Fi? Did you leave as is? Is it possible to trim the pins yourself, if so what tools did you use? Personally I was thinking of putting a smal shrink tube on top of the gap. Any recommendations?

As for the complys, I'm really really impressed by them but I never used foam tips before. I'm just curious how long you guys normally use a pair of foam tips before replacing them

Thanks in advance!

Actually, the entire pin is only about 4mm long, and only about 1mm or less shows when plugged into my Super.fi 5 pro. I decided to go back to the stock cable because the sound is crisper and more sparkly, but the Complys foam tips are fantastic and really the only tips I can make work for me.

You could grind down the cable's metal tips on a sharpening stone or with a file or Dremel tool.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, the entire pin is only about 4mm long, and only about 1mm or less shows when plugged into my Super.fi 5 pro.

Haha yeah I didn't actually measure it so I probably exagerrated a little
smily_headphones1.gif

But thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back