UE Metro-Fi 220vi first(ish) impressions
Nov 17, 2009 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

frog

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys and Girls
I haven't posted for a long time but have been keeping an eye on you folks
wink_face.gif

I treated myself to an Iphone in June and although my UE SuperFI 5 pros sounded great on it, I needed the funtionality of the remote and the mic so I could still use the Iphone as a phone!! I did think about one of those adapter things but there were a few reports of them being rubbish so I took the plunge and bought the Metro-Fi's........................................Initia l impressions were, what have I done, these are cr@p, not in the same league as the SP 5's and only just better than the originals. I have however continued to use them and to be fair to them they have got better and better, fitting Comply tips transformed them, beefing up the midrange and bass no end. The sound is quite smooth, nothing like as dynamic as the SP 5's, but they are quite relaxing to use over a long period of time and the Comply tips make them sooo comfortable.
Overall I would say they are worth the £45 (uk) that I paid for them.

Sean

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 2
Agreed, the 220s open up with burn-in and become a very smooth and dynamic-sounding phone. Bass remains a little out-of-control, but that's part of their charm. Overall they aren't performance champions in any way but are very competent, fairly comfortable, and easy to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back