UE 700 - Comply Foams don't fit?
Feb 20, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #16 of 25
Does anybody know if there are differences in the two versions? I like the sound of my UE700. If the UE700 doesn't fit to foamies but Logitech sell the with foamies, this is misleading the consumer.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:
Does anybody know if there are differences in the two versions? I like the sound of my UE700. If the UE700 doesn't fit to foamies but Logitech sell the with foamies, this is misleading the consumer.

What are you on about? The new revised model is not compatible with Comply, hence why they have removed UE700 from the compatibility list, so which part is misleading?

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:
Thank you. Finally I got the answer I need. I've written to the Logitech Support but the support guy doesn't know anything and writes very confusing answers.

Yes, I've the new version and I find it very strange that Logitech include Comply Foams if they didn't really fit.

So as I can see there won't be new comply foams for the UE700?

Unfortunately there are no plans on the horizon to introduce a new line of tips that will accommodate the other version.  I wish I had more information as to why the Comply Foam Tips are still included with the UE 700 models that are not compatible.  

I'm sorry we don't have a more immediate solution for this device.

Best Regards,

Mary

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

What are you on about? The new revised model is not compatible with Comply, hence why they have removed UE700 from the compatibility list, so which part is misleading?

Logitech includes two pairs of foamies which doesn't fit as the comply employee says. So if I buy these in ears I look at the package and see that there are include foamies, and this means to me they are compatible. In my case foamies are the only tips which provide me a seat. None of the silicone tips fit to my ear. Do you think this isn't misleading?

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #20 of 25
Hello,

I have the new, not-fitting, UE 700 but I got, after a bit pushing, the Comply's on it. Now I can't get it off. Any tips?

edit:
Nevermind, got them off too with some pulling (be sure not to pull only the foam off!)

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
Logitech includes two pairs of foamies which doesn't fit as the comply employee says. So if I buy these in ears I look at the package and see that there are include foamies, and this means to me they are compatible. In my case foamies are the only tips which provide me a seat. None of the silicone tips fit to my ear. Do you think this isn't misleading?

It is misleading on UE's part - I think the way you wrote your previous post, you implied it was Comply that was being misleading. Hence your post was misleading. I think....
blink.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #22 of 25
UE700 should come with a pair of the Comply Ts200, the spherical shaped one, that would be the best to use for it...

Yes, the built in Comply foam should be good / more than enough for you to use with the UE700.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #23 of 25
Hi,

few days ago I've bought the UE700. Is it normal that the tips, in this case comply foams, stick out that much? I cant push them further and this looks quite strange to me.

Here is one photo: http://www.hifi-forum.de/bild/img20130212180951_269043.html

Yes, that is expected, my UE700 is the same like that as well. 
make sure that you insert the tips in circular motion or like tightening a screw into something.

May 17, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:
Shark would be correct.

Currently, there are two versions of the UE 700 in the market: one fits a 200-size Comply Foam Tip, the other is not compatible with anything. We had to remove it from our site and label it Not Compatible because customers from both of our companies were confused.  I believe Ultimate Ears is working on reverting to the old sound port design, or is adjusting it again to fit our tips. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not really in the loop for those discussions. 

Unless you know exactly what to look for in the sound port design, it's impossible to tell the two earphones apart — they are identical in every way except for the sound port. If the sound port of your earphones is shorter (average looking) with an angle ridge slanting downward toward the earphone body, then it IS compatible with our tips (T-200, Ts-200, Tx-200). If the sound port looks a bit too long and has a flat ridge that acts as a stopper, then it is NOT compatible. 

Sorry to see that this looks to be the version that is not compatible with our tips. 

Best Regards,

Mary

Hey Mary,

I recently bought the UE700's with the logitech logo on the box and the 'NOT' compatible comply eartips that came with the package. At first I put on the comply eartips on the UE700 and they would simply not 'adhere' to the housing, when I put them in my ears and pulled out the housing, the whole IEM came out of my ears (as should), however the comply tips remained in my ears.

I could easily remove the comply tips from my ears and got the instruction manual out of the box, it said that the eartips had to be pushed beyond the 'rib'. So I pushed the comply tips beyond the rib and they fit. The comply tips don't come off easily.

So I thought that this design was on purpose, and now I'm reading your statement, which is confusing me. (I don't know what comply tips came with the package)

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #25 of 25
I don't like my comply foams. I’m wondering if anyone has tried UE 700 with custom tips? I mean silicone tips that you have to go to an audiologist and order them from a company (westone for instance)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back