UE-5c vs. UE-10
Mar 27, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #32 of 52
Never mind- they have been ordered! The envelope please. And the winner is (drumroll)........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................

The UE-10s. How could they not be? Done deal. Kill the thread. Shoot me. I'm a dead man. Game over,man, GAME OVER!

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #33 of 52
LOL awesome man......... You finaly made right decision. When i bought E500PTH and my first impression was overall very clean but not warm enough. So i download software SRS WOW SANDBOX which makes my music sound realy warm and fuller on E500PTH(music sound still natural).

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:56 AM Post #34 of 52
Smart choice. You will NOT be disappointed with the UE-10 pro. Good lord, now we're going to have to help you with the artwork on the earpieces...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:26 PM Post #37 of 52
Are you kidding me? Of COURSE I will! After all this peer pressure the people have a right to know! I don't even know what to expect. I feel like a 4 year old on December 24th. Let's hope they come before that, though ; )

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES... YOU WILL!!! Start the recommendations!!! Money, since you VOLUNTEERED... you're first in line ; )

The great thing is that UE can do just about any design you want on the earpiece (they have a tattoo artist). So in addition to colors, think about a possible logo or design you would want. Or just go for something cool and stealthy. Do a search and check out the UE customs pics thread. Lots of nice ideas there.

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #39 of 52
To be honest, I was thinking more of a minimalist approach. Black monitors, black cord, etc. There isn't like one symbol or picture that defines me. I don't have a cool monkey with headphones in my arsenal ; ) it took me FOREVER to even decide on a tattoo (years!). I also don't really want to draw so much attention to them. Black or blue was my main concern and I went with black. I don't need the weirdo subway passengers staring at my ears all the time. Maybe I should just put a huge EYEBALL on each one of them so that when people look, the UE-10s will just stare back at them!! man, that's a pretty sweet idea!

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #41 of 52
Well SOMEONE should use the eyeball idea. I think it's brilliant! What about a picture of an ear? It would give that ear within the ear effect and freak people out. I'm all for that. Might keep them from getting stolen on late night, drunken subway rides.

Mar 27, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #43 of 52
I think YOU made the right choice for YOU, but I would not be shocked in a year if you have both.
smily_headphones1.gif

UE also recommended to me that I go with the UE5c and not the more expensive 10.

To those posts that kind of talk down the UE5c or UE10 as way up-priced SF.5 and Trip.10 . . . yeah, they are same drivers and similar sound signature. However, comfort and fit are going to be very different - well worth the money to many.

Mar 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #44 of 52
Tom,

I called UE yesterday to find this out from THEM. They claim that there really isn't a drastic difference between the 5c and the 5 Pro. The biggest difference, big surprise here, is that the 5cs are customs. And we all know that the better the fit/seal the better the sound will be. The 5cs and the 5 Pros use the same driver setup so their sound is similar. There are subtle configuration/tuning differences between the two that makes the 5c a better choice (if you wanted to go the custom route). The UE-10s have a much flatter, more even sound while the 5cs and 5 Pros have a little more oomph in the low end.

I have the Super.fi 5 Pros and am very happy with them. I was considering the 5cs but when I spoke to UE yesterday they didn't think the 5cs would be a 'significant' upgrade from the 5 Pros. I wanted a significant upgrade. They suggested that perhaps I give the UE-7s a consideration but the fact that they cost just about as much as the 10s- not a chance. I really don't need a lot of boom on my low end and that's what the 7's apparently provide (originally made for drummers).

Anyway, that's my shot at your inquiry. I hope this helps a little.

-T

Mar 27, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #45 of 52
All makes sense to me. I loved my SF.5s and the UM2 and e500, while much more comfortable, never really spoke to me like the SF.5 However, the SF.5's never stayed sealed. As such, the UE5c is exactly what I want - I have no desire for a better or different or more accurate sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back