UE 4000 vs Sennheiser HD 449
Nov 12, 2012 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nighthart

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

Just wondering how the new UE 4000 sounds comapred to the Sennheiser HD 449.
I've been looking at these two headphones for a while and wondering which one I should purchase.
Please don't give me recommendations for others. Where I live, it's hard to find many other brands for a good price.

I am currently using UE700, and enjoy them very much. I listen to stuff along the lines of Radiohead and Jeff Buckley, with some heavier stuff like Dream Theater. I'm not a basshead, and I found the most enjoyable part of my UE700s to be the treble, and the soundstage.

Thanks.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #10 of 10
I recently purchased ue 4000 and HD 439.
the ue 4000s have alot of bass that gets pumped into the ear, it almost muddies the mids but can be eq ed out. They are way way louder than the hd439s but lack the comfort and incredible nuanced sound of the sennheisers.
I guess it comes down to what kind of listening you do, if you want to rock out at concert level volume, the ue 4000 if you want nuanced sound with soundstage the HD 439 delivers, albeit without the deep loud bass, but the bass is there,only not being pumped into your head. I can only take the ue's for about an hour before my ears hurt. The senns are very comfortable for prolonged listening. But they don't get near the bass or volume of the ue 4000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back