UE-10's pro Qualities
Nov 22, 2008 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pila405

500+ Head-Fier
hey, after i decided to go for the UE-10pro i want to know few things about before i buy.

1) Are they airy [doesn't feel like it is all compressed in your head] ?
2) Do they have good soundstage [at least like a 50$ "good" HEADPHONES have - at least as the soundstage of the panasonic RP-HT275 25$ headphones] ?

with thanks,
Oren.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 9
IEM's will never have soundstage like full size headphones, you have to accept this fact to see the true qualities of IEM's, you seem to just want soundstage, and if this is the case then IEM's are the least favourable type of headphones to perform at this. afterall they are in the head phones.

they do sound airy, thanks to a fairly flat spacious sound but its not real soundstage.

if you can get past this the ue10 are jammed with quality music control and sound.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 9
but i didnt ask for an incredible soundstage - only to a soundstage like 25$ headphones have like the - panasonic RP-HT275.....

i have the E2c and their soundstage is realy horrible, and they lack in so many things....

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but i didnt ask for an incredible soundstage - only to a soundstage like 25$ headphones have like the - panasonic RP-HT275.....

i have the E2c and their soundstage is realy horrible, and they lack in so many things....

but headphones are headphones, they go on the outer ear, it does not matter how good the in ear phones are they are still in the ear and designed that way, the music can at times sound wide and give a great impression of space but your going to be dissapointed if you compare to big headphones.

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but headphones are headphones, they go on the outer ear, it does not matter how good the in ear phones are they are still in the ear and designed that way, the music can at times sound wide and give a great impression of space but your going to be dissapointed if you compare to big headphones.

I own the UE11 and they have much better soundstage that most of the full size headphones I have heard (but I haven't heard any of the top full size phones so who knows).

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 9
^^ soundstage is the ability to sound out of the head and as if its ahead of you onstage.

over ear headphones will always do a better job because they are further out of the head. ofcourse your going to claim the ue11 have the best soundstage in the world, i would if i owned them aswell, fact is they dont. as IEM's go sure, but like i said...IEM's are designed for in the head use, so dont expect out of the head experience.

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 9
Well pila, I own the UE-11s and while they may not have a wide or tall soundstage, the depth is excellent.

To me soundstage depth is the most important aspect to soundstage. Being able to hear deeply into the recording and get away from that "flatness" of sound when you turn the volume up make these iems worth it to me. Sometimes if i try and ignore the actual earpieces in my head, it can have almost as much depth as my speaker system. But YMMV.

If you want to get the most out of it however, get a portable amp, and a nice source. Plugged into my ipod directly causes the soundstage to collapse and everything becomes quite messy. From my Imod/iQube combos, it sounds fantastic.

But if you really want to hear music, go electrostatic
icon10.gif

Vincent

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 9
i mean execly to the depth, not only width or hight, but something that will give volume to the music so it wont be flat and boring.

the UE-10 will be conneceted to PICO with the DAC/AMP combo. and the files will be wav.[uncompressed] with ASIO.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #9 of 9
i post do double post and hoping to have some more information about my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back