UE-10's for Christmas??
Dec 13, 2006 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

beedee

100+ Head-Fier
This thread pushed me over the deep end and into debt.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21150

Well, maybe I won't have them for Christmas, but I'm going to an audiologist tomorrow and I'm placing the order w/ UE today!! (they prefer to have the order in before receiving the ear molds)-- I'm taking the dive hopefully into audio bliss. It should be a very happy new year!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 3
You will man, you will, assuming you have the gear to drive them properly.

P.S My experience at the audiologist was really weird, it's tough trying to describe what cold liquid silicone being injected into your inner ear feels like, and even moreso that feeling of having your ears "plugged". Have you ever used an inner ear phone like this? Pushing them in your ear takes some getting used to, and walking down the street seeing ambulances fly by and seeing their lights flashing but not hearing their sirens blaring due to the great isolation = another cool experience.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, maybe you should look into portable amps too...and don't forget custom art...and...

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey thanks -- I've used a few different universal IEMs, but I never have had customs made, so the ear mold process (cold silicone in the ear) will probably be quite an experience for me. I'll use these mostly for live, on stage monitoring and they will be driven by a small headphone amp. I'm used to the isolation, so if they don't isolate anymore than IEM foamies, it shouldn't be that much of a difference. As for artwork-- I guess I may be boring, but I didn't care to put any artwork on the outside. I just fell for the clear on clear "stock" look, so that's what I'm sticking with -- still, I really dig all of the creative things that I've seen other custom owners put on their IEMs. Now, after tomorrow the real waiting game begins. I'm more excited than a kid waiting for Christmas day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back