U-curve IEM's for metal!
Mar 7, 2007 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TaKe_Remaster

New Head-Fier
HAY GUYS
i've been reading A LOT about the difference iem's since i want to upg from my 630's. i'm basically looking for an iem with stronger bass and highs since i listen mostly to metal. i'm looking to spend less than 120.
a list of potentials
um1: stronger mids? i'm not sure, a clarification would help
sf3: i know next to nothing about these...
djays: i've read they have stronger mids...duno though
these are the main ones i'm considering, but i don't know where to get the djays. any other recommendations, more descriptions of the sound signatures, and comparisons would be much appreciated!
THANKS!

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 9
you might also want to consider the v-moda vibes
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might also want to consider the v-moda vibes
smily_headphones1.gif

oh one of the reasons i'm upging is for the isolation that can be only gotten from iem's
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
djays can only be ordered from www.jays.se They get my vote because IMO they have the best bass out of those three.

#
UPS Express - $99.62

#
DHL Air Express - $47.87

blink.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 9
um1 are definitely midrange heavy with a warm smooth sound, they do vocals great
their highs are the weakest link and their bass is acceptable, not really refined but certainly present

i'm not sure from your price point, which iem would be u curved, i hear sf3 highs and mids are clear and well represented but they don't have bass

most problem with entry level iem is the bass

er6 would give you the highs you're looking for, but again, no bass and their sound is not musical

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 9
For metal you want strong bass and strong upper mids, thats where the guitars lie. Highs are not a that big concern. D-Jays perhaps, with little bass boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back