1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tyll Hertsens on NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday - Apple's purchase of Beats

1. Steve Eddy
    Was listening to NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday this morning while waiting for Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! and caught a segment by Sam Sanders about Apple's purchase of Beats and was surprised to hear commentary by our own Tyll Hertsens.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/05/31/317569307/wih-beats-purchase-apple-buys-a-quick-start-on-smart-headphones

Congrats, Tyll!

se

2. Mshenay Contributor
    YAY and also INFRUASTRCTURE, I think a lot of us here at head fi caught on to that as the reason why Apple got beats, but it was Tyll who first even mentioned that concept :3 and grats on him at getting onto NPR

I also didn't know that apple already had patents for "hearbles" 

3. Silent Xaxal

Should be interesting. Though I wonder if it'll be another patent that ends up being folded into their smartphones (The sad fate of the iCamera).

4. 1c3d0g
    Hopefully they won't patent "a device with 2 little speakers on each side that can be put on a person's head", 'cause that's what they usually do to every industry they step their filthy toes into.