Tyll Hertsens on NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday - Apple's purchase of Beats
May 31, 2014 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Steve Eddy

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Aka: TempAccount555
Was listening to NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday this morning while waiting for Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! and caught a segment by Sam Sanders about Apple's purchase of Beats and was surprised to hear commentary by our own Tyll Hertsens.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/05/31/317569307/wih-beats-purchase-apple-buys-a-quick-start-on-smart-headphones

Congrats, Tyll!

se

May 31, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 4
YAY and also INFRUASTRCTURE, I think a lot of us here at head fi caught on to that as the reason why Apple got beats, but it was Tyll who first even mentioned that concept :3 and grats on him at getting onto NPR

I also didn't know that apple already had patents for "hearbles" 

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 4
  YAY and also INFRUASTRCTURE, I think a lot of us here at head fi caught on to that as the reason why Apple got beats, but it was Tyll who first even mentioned that concept :3 and grats on him at getting onto NPR

I also didn't know that apple already had patents for "hearbles" 

Should be interesting. Though I wonder if it'll be another patent that ends up being folded into their smartphones (The sad fate of the iCamera).

Jun 1, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 4
Hopefully they won't patent "a device with 2 little speakers on each side that can be put on a person's head", 'cause that's what they usually do to every industry they step their filthy toes into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back