Two Things...
Sep 16, 2002 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

salz

New Head-Fier
Well, three things. First, thanks for the help from my first post. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside
rolleyes.gif
. Anyway, I was told to take a look at headphone.com for good prices, but when I went there I noticed that they had small reviews on all of the headphones they sell and they sound pretty reliable. So, should I bother with these reviews or no? If they weren't selling the actual product I wouldn't be so skeptical, but they are, so I had to ask. Third, I was looking at the Sennheiser HD212 Pro's. Then someone mentioned the Beyer DT250-80 and the DT 770 pro. I ruled out the DT770 Pro because I don't want to bother with an amp (the main reason is that it will cost even more money). The 212's price is much more attractive than the DT250-80, but I did a search on this forum and read some great things about the Beyer's. So is it worth the extra cash? As I said before, I will be using these headphones on my computer. I currently have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy card and my music is all in mp3 format (mostly new rock/metal). I also play counter-strike frequently, and the person who mentioned the 250-80 said that they are good for gaming too. I want a closed headphone because I'm in college and I'd rather not have everyone hearing what I'm listening to (because if I was that person, it would be annoying). So what do you think? Sennheiser or Beyer? To splurge or not to splurge? Thanks.

Oh, and by the way. Someone had mentioned the Sony V6's (I don't want to forget you, thanks). I thought about them, but I just don't really want to get anything from Sony (it's a gut feeling). So unless I get overwhelming responses for the V6's, I don't think I'm going to get those.

Sep 16, 2002 at 7:24 AM Post #2 of 5
The 250-80s fit your needs perfectly and IMHO they're definately worth the extra $ over the Sennheiser (and Sony V6s for that matter).

There's not much I can add that I haven't already said before
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #3 of 5
Did you mention Counter-strike??
yes. beyer definately shine in that game. Although it won't deliver speaker like boomynes.. the bass is definately tight.
it gives good positioning too.. I occasionally wear them at night for some CS fragging-time
smily_headphones1.gif
and I use the adv. of the positioning to clearly hear the footsteps of my enemy and i squat.. :p hehhe

I have never heard the 212 but you won't go wrong with the beyer. Especially since you can run them straight out of your audigy( My beyer is run from my toshiba laptop yamaha's soundcard...)

Sep 17, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 5
All right guys. I'm going for the Beyer DT250-80's. Now it's time to go find the best price. Thanks a lot for the help and I'll let you all know what I think. My first set of high quality headphones!
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't wait. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back