Two suggestions? Headphones & IEMs
Mar 1, 2018 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Vudew

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I am looking for a good set of open backed headphones. They will primarily be used for gaming, and for watching netflix/youtube. I use a MSI GT62VR 7RE laptop so I cannot add a different sound card to the system.

In addition I am looking for a pair of extremely comfortable IEMs for use while traveling. These will be used on the same laptop, and also my phone while on the go and in the air.

All totaled I am looking to spend about 400 for both with the emphasis being on the headphones rather than the IEMs as far as priority.

Thanks,
V

Mar 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 34
Given your system and budget outline, I would look at something like a Fidelio X2 (available from Guitar Ctr. and Musician's Friend), an HD598 (amazon), and an HE-400S (amazon). You should read about them and see what you think. All three are very good. The X2 has more bass emphasis and a wide soundstage. Is immersive. Comfy, too. The HE-400S is more neutral and sounds fantastic, with a nice stage and beautiful mids. Very good imaging. Also comfy. The HD598 is one of the classic gaming headphones that also has a nice stage but less of a bass emphasis than the X2. Its soundstage is very good and imaging is terrific for gaming. Comfy, too.

I would also recommend an AKG K7-- of some sort but your budget does not allow for the requisite amplifier to drive one of those headphones, so there you are.

See what you think. It is possible one of those three outlined above could work for you.

As for the IEM, in this price range I like the 1More Triple Driver a good deal. It is a terrific value and if comfort is an issue, you can play with Comply foam tips until you get a comfortable fit.

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 34
You know what I would? I would get an HE-400S for around $300. It does not require an amp and it sounds fantastic for the purposes you would have for it. It would also be great for music. Why don't you read about it and see what you think. If you are not interested, we can find you something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back