Two phones in a week! (SR60 & PX100)
Mar 20, 2006 at 3:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

J_C_Denton1

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks!
This week seems too much for my wallet. I havent bought anything for the past 3 years. Three days ago I bought a Grado SR60 for $70. And tonight, I just bought myself another headphone Senn PX100 for $62. (My mom & gf will kill me if they know... Call me crazy, coz I think I am
smily_headphones1.gif

To be honest, I found Grado here in Indonesia by accident. I just entered an CD store and asked whether they are selling any Sennheiser. They said no, but they offered me a GRADO!!! I really didnt expect it to ever see that piece of audiophile headphone ever being sold here! I was so shocked, I bought it in a flash. But Im so happy
orphsmile.gif

Then back home I checked this forum since I havent visited this forum for a few years. I just found out that many people here also rave how good KSC75 and KOSS PX100 are. Yesterday I tried to find KSC75 here, but no avail. BUT I did find PX100 and had a chance to audition PX100 and PX200. I disliked PX200 in an instant because of the funny mid & highs, but the sound coming from PX100 also didnt really convince me to buy it since I just shelled out $70 a few days ago for a GRADO.

Then went back at home, I read this forum again and found very little people dislike PX100. I thought I still need something portable to replace my MX500 and KSC35. Then, why not? Then you know the rest of the story.

Now onto the reviews:
GRADO SR60
+ The best sounding headphone I have so far
+ Very rich & detailed sound. Very analytical
+ Good for ... (I still dont know what it is good for)
+/- Looks ugly but has a lot of metallic part (Good build quality)
+/- Long cable can be good or bad
- Hot & uncomfortable. My ears are red after 15 mins of use.
- No soundstage at all (Biggest disappointment!)
- Leaks sound A LOT (Be careful, someone next to you might think you are a dork)
- Not portable at all
- Very Smelly sponge
confused.gif

Senn PX100
+ Sound is very balanced. High, Mid & Bass are all there.
+ The bass is very punchy! (I didnt expect it to match/outclass SR60 bass)
+ As everysaid, it is good for any type of music
+ Excellent for portable PCDP
smily_headphones1.gif

- Expensive* (when you can get a Grado for $10 more)
- Dark sound (Now I know why people call it dark)
- Flimsy construction

But Im still wondering how good PX100 against KSC75? I would like to buy it, but none of the vendor want to ship to indonesia. Does anyone willing to help me buy a KSC75 and send it to Indonesia? I pay of course!

JC

Mar 20, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_C_Denton1
Hey folks!
This week seems too much for my wallet. I havent bought anything for the past 3 years. Three days ago I bought a Grado SR60 for $70. And tonight, I just bought myself another headphone Senn PX100 for $62. (My mom & gf will kill me if they know... Call me crazy, coz I think I am
smily_headphones1.gif

To be honest, I found Grado here in Indonesia by accident. I just entered an CD store and asked whether they are selling any Sennheiser. They said no, but they offered me a GRADO!!! I really didnt expect it to ever see that piece of audiophile headphone ever being sold here! I was so shocked, I bought it in a flash. But Im so happy
orphsmile.gif

Then back home I checked this forum since I havent visited this forum for a few years. I just found out that many people here also rave how good KSC75 and KOSS PX100 are. Yesterday I tried to find KSC75 here, but no avail. BUT I did find PX100 and had a chance to audition PX100 and PX200. I disliked PX200 in an instant because of the funny mid & highs, but the sound coming from PX100 also didnt really convince me to buy it since I just shelled out $70 a few days ago for a GRADO.

Then went back at home, I read this forum again and found very little people dislike PX100. I thought I still need something portable to replace my MX500 and KSC35. Then, why not? Then you know the rest of the story.

Now onto the reviews:
GRADO SR60
- Leaks sound A LOT (Be careful, someone next to you might think you are a dork)
- Not portable at all
- Very Smelly sponge
confused.gif

Senn PX100
smily_headphones1.gif

- Flimsy construction

But Im still wondering how good PX100 against KSC75? I would like to buy it, but none of the vendor want to ship to indonesia. Does anyone willing to help me buy a KSC75 and send it to Indonesia? I pay of course!

JC

So you're indonesian? me too... just not living there anymore

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Now onto the reviews:
GRADO SR60
- Not portable at all
- Very Smelly sponge
confused.gif

Senn PX100
smily_headphones1.gif

- Flimsy construction

JC

I agree with your review of both of the headphones. I, however, don't find the cable nearly long enough for my use... A 3m/10ft cable would've been much better. That said, I don't use my Grados for portable purposes.

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 12
Hey guys, actually my friend found KSC75 in Australia. But it is very expensive!!!
They sell it for A$70 ($52). So I dont know whether I want to buy it or not.
Can anyone tell me the difference between KSC75 & PX100?
Secondly is it worthed?

Thanks,
JC

Mar 25, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Hey guys, actually my friend found KSC75 in Australia. But it is very expensive!!!
They sell it for A$70 ($52). So I dont know whether I want to buy it or not.
Can anyone tell me the difference between KSC75 & PX100?
Secondly is it worthed?

Thanks,
JC

For that much, I would say not really. Order the MS1s from Alessandro, 99 USD shipped to anywhere in the world, that's probably a much better deal.

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 12
How bout the sound quality PX100 vs KSC75?

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:31 AM Post #10 of 12
Hi JC and n1cx,

I'm also Indonesian but currently studying in US.

Nice to see another Indonesian in this forum
smily_headphones1.gif
. I only knew two or three before. Anybody?

I don't mind helping you but I think the cost of shipping is pretty crazy from US to Indonesia and I won't be going back till the end of this year.

JC, where did you get the Grados and the Senns? I didn't know somebody sells them in Indonesia. The KSC-75 might not worth it for $52 considering you have the KSC-35 and you also got the SR60 for $70. Nice headphones collection for someone who lives in Indonesia
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
You have a KSC35 D: why are you looking for KSC75s?

Agreed. I'm a bigger fan of the 35's...though the 75's are great, too.

Mar 26, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #12 of 12
Hi Glacier, thanks for the comment.
Yeah, it is very hard to find good headphones here. But funny thing is I found Grado when I wasnt looking for it. It is in Mangga Dua, the shop is called Audiophile.

Please check your PM. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back