Two Extremes? DAC1 vs DACK2.0 for Alessandro Music Series Pro
Mar 19, 2006 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fatko

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a DAC for my MSPRO..
here comes two DACs (or more options if you can suggest)

DAC1 and DACk2.0

so i have some questions..
1) which DAC has more Synergry with Grado/ALessandro Headphones?
2) is the HPA of DAC1 good for MSPRO?

i like Warm, Smooth and thick Vocals with details
larger soundstage is prefered
Tight Bass ..
Smooth and never harsh Highs

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 6
from our meet with the lavry da10 black and benchmark dac1 under different settings we did the best we could to make the playing field equal

although i could not tell a difference, some stated the lavry had a tiny bit bigger soundstage and the lavry's headphone amp is surprisingly good for the price

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
from our meet with the lavry da10 black and benchmark dac1 under different settings we did the best we could to make the playing field equal

although i could not tell a difference, some stated the lavry had a tiny bit bigger soundstage and the lavry's headphone amp is surprisingly good for the price

how much is da10?

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 6
I had both for a while with my RS-1s. I thought they both sounded good, but I went with the Ack Dack. It has a richer, weightier sound. It is not as extended in the treble region as the Dac1, but with the high resolution caps this is not the case. Actually, when I compared the two I did not have the high rez caps and didn't feel lacking for treble. The high rez caps also make the sound airier and increase the resolution. I would say the Ack is smoother too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back