TWcu goes COTTON!!!! A must see....
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
Ok, CryoParts creates another masterpiece especially for for copper lovers.

For those of you who understand wire, one of the common problems is trying to maintain isolation. When you take this issue seriously, one solution is to add cotton to the outside of the wire.

So, we took TWcu (cryo'd pure copper) and added cotton as the outer jacket. Here are the results:

TWcu COTTON with Oyaide right angle with Rhodium.

Now onto something that is scary good. This is a Prototype!!

Production will begin next week. Plus it will be on my site next week as well.
Here is important and GREAT news for those who are looking for a black IEM replacement cable.
Within the next few months, I will be selling this exact cable in BLACK!!!!
So this IEM replacement cable is fully customizable and hand made from begin to end, I guess all of our cables are.

The sound is INCREDIBLE. Completely isolation. Total connection from your source to your ears!!

Pre orders are welcome for the natural color and the black!!
Prices:

48" TWcu COTTON with Viable 3.5mm connector is $275. You can add any connector you wish. Additional fess maybe applied depending on certain configurations.

64" is $300.

Welcome to TWcu COTTON.

Please contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Thanks!
Craig

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 17
I remember fondly the ALO Cotton Dock.  Huge thing, but sounded wonderful.  It was an LOD, so not used as IEM cable.  Still, the sound was impressive.  Sorry it's no longer made.  Hopefully, this cabling will sound just as great.  Now await to see the cable in an LOD with pricing.  Could be interesting

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 17
Craig's previous IEM cable, which I still use is great! This looks like a step back and kinda cheap lookin.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 17
I have zero interest in fancy cables, but have to defend the aesthetics here - this is probably the most beautiful cable I've ever seen. Great work.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 17
No doubt the workmanship is good ... Craig does good work. That's not what is in question here. Anybody who lives in a city, say NYC ... white cotton will turn ugly fast my friend. Now black, that could be interesting. But I am quite satisfied with the OM replacement cable. Tis a beautiful ting mahn.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 17
To me, its simple. This fills in the need for those looking for a better cotton copper cable. If you like it great...

This might not be for everyone which I assumed. Plus this is a prototype. Also, since sounds matter, I know that will be the topic here.

Don't like it, don't buy it. This is not intended to be a better than TWag v2. Many wanted a black cable and many like copper.

So this fills in the gap.

Craig

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 17
No accounting for taste.

I'm personally not a believer in cables and their magical properties, but if I was, I'd be all over this. Think it looks seriously classy. I'm almost tempted to buy it just for the style.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #9 of 17
Thanks!!! It was literally an IEM cable i decided to try making when i saw the new wire! It is very much a prototype and it is very much an expirament to see how the wire works as an IEM cable. We have some more work to do on it, but we figured that we would post some teaser pics! Craig and I are currently at the airport in Vegas on the way home from CES and once we get in tomorrow we will get everything sorted out!

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #10 of 17
While I don't understand why people can find this cable ugly, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I think the cable's gorgeous! Kudos to the guys at Whiplash. :D

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 17
I really love the look of this cable.. i wonder how it'll hold up over time.  Will certainly be following these. :)

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:
Thanks!!! It was literally an IEM cable i decided to try making when i saw the new wire! It is very much a prototype and it is very much an expirament to see how the wire works as an IEM cable. We have some more work to do on it, but we figured that we would post some teaser pics! Craig and I are currently at the airport in Vegas on the way home from CES and once we get in tomorrow we will get everything sorted out!

[size=x-small]No problem, credit where credit's due. Thanks for supporting our UK head fi national meet by the way (I'm on the organising committe) it's much appreciated.[/size]

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #13 of 17
From my experience with cotton cable, the sound is very airy and open. but the cotton will turn dirty or smelly fast as i'm located in a tropical country (we sweat a lot here). If you really like the "cotton" sound, it hard to find "non-cotton" cable sound alike.

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
From my experience with cotton cable, the sound is very airy and open. but the cotton will turn dirty or smelly fast as i'm located in a tropical country (we sweat a lot here). If you really like the "cotton" sound, it hard to find "non-cotton" cable sound alike.

Agree. Its an unique cable that will have a limited audience. However for those looking for that sound, than now there is an option. This is not to over take TWag v2,, its just another way to enjoy music!!

Plus I will be offering this cable in black.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back