Tv audio?
Aug 31, 2020 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

solidshark91493

Head-Fier
Didn't see a good place to post it so figured this was the best catch all.

Pretty simple thought here, I'm wondering what I should go for for some budget friendly tv audio.

Obviously because tvs are so thin now sound becomes a problem. I find that because the sound comes out the back of my tv, most of the sound goes into the room behind it. (Duh).
And I live in an apartment and I don't want to have to crank my tv to the moon to watch something.
I would think there has to be a way to really bring the sound closer to where I would be sitting. Obviously sound bars send the sound towards you instead of the room behind you so I figure that's the best option. Not sure if that is, but if anyone has any recommendations that would be swell. Thanks guys.

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 9
In my opinion! if you want to the closer sound of tv, then you really really need to buy the full motion tv wall mount. I'm sure it'll be useful for you.

Sep 24, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 9
An old trick is to use an equalizer. Boost the high and low frequencies after you turn down the volume. It may give the perception of louder volume as you turn down the potentiometer

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 9
Perhaps If you get small bookshelf speakers or some type of small speakers and place them close to your head with the volume down.

This way your apartment sounds relatively quiet but you’re actually hearing the TV at a higher volume.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 9
One more thing to consider is room treatment.

My bedroom and main listening room has sound absorbing curtains, studio panels and other things on the wall. As a result, I have really good clarity at lower or medium volumes.

I don’t have to play music loud for it to sound good especially for my bedroom speakers. Which is great for relaxing and laying down on my bed. It’s wonderful actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back