Tutorial: How to make a "Litz braid".
Jan 13, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #32 of 57
I lost all the uploads I had made during the head-fi shortage, so I'll need to upload all the photos again. This wil probably only happen in February since I'm currently overloaded with other projects.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #33 of 57
I've did the Lit braid successfully
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks Santos
biggrin.gif

Now I'm waiting for your tutorial of 6 or 8 wires braid.

Jun 1, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #34 of 57
Can you please re-up the pictures?

Jun 1, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #35 of 57
I had to format my PC and currently only have the pics in my backup HD. I'll be flooded with work for the next month as I'll be travelling to the Euro2008 regularly working, so I don't know when I'll have some time to do it.

Oct 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #37 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pardon my rudeness, what bout now?

Yeah, that's a bit rude actually... but I'll answer anyway....

Right now I have no personal time to update this, it needs quite a few hours of work which I am not willing to spare. I'm on hiatus from DIY for the moment so I don't know when or if I will ever update this tutorial. All the information is available online, google it.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksilver96 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was under the impression that litz braiding anything other than solid core wire does not yield the interference and "shielding" benefits of the technique. I read this somewhere and can no longer find it, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks

I think this is what you were looking for from chimera.
A little late but i think this topic is frequently viewed.

"There is an optimum type of wire for braiding audio Litz wire. Solid core wire is the only type that should be used. Stranded wire defeats or offsets the benefits of Litz construction. Stranded wire is nothing more than a number of bare conductors that are spiral twisted to form the conductor. This type of wire construction has phase anomalies and mechanical resonance that severely degrades audio signal transmission. Litz braiding a poor conductor is an exercise in futility."

May 5, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #39 of 57
This looks a very interesting tutorial. The Mods have had a spring clean, and there’s no pics. MASantos do you still have the pics for preparation, flat braid and round braid?

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #42 of 57
Hope this doesn't sound rude, but is it that hard that everyone needs pics? If I get a chance this week will post myself so other matey doesn't get hassled as often
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back