Turtle Beach XP Seven vs HD 589/558?
Sep 15, 2014 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DEMENTxUSA

Head-Fier
Recently there has been a release of new Turtle Beaches, i was wondering what should i consider?

Turtle Bleach XP 7 (XPseven) or (XP Seven) vs HD 598?

Has anyone tried the difference. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi,
yes I have them. I shoot a damaged TB XP Seven at ebay (before that, I bought a pair at Amazon, but send them back).
I repaired the broken cable and the Sound Quality of the headphones is terrible but the ACU (controlunit) is great, except the low Maximum volume.
The good Thing is, that you can use the ACU with any other Headphone or Headset. It shouldn`t have to much ohms, but you can put an amp between it, like I did. Thats great.
So I recommend the Sennheiser and you can try to buy an single Turtle Beach XP7 ACU on ebay.

But don`t buy the TB XP7 for the complete Price. It is really bad. When I opened it for repair, I saw the plastic fantastic and the Reviews on Amazon confirm the bad build Quality with lots of broken cables.

The Sony MDR MA900 is a good option too, or an AKG 612 + an amp.

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 5
  Hi,
yes I have them. I shoot a damaged TB XP Seven at ebay (before that, I bought a pair at Amazon, but send them back).
I repaired the broken cable and the Sound Quality of the headphones is terrible but the ACU (controlunit) is great, except the low Maximum volume.
The good Thing is, that you can use the ACU with any other Headphone or Headset. It shouldn`t have to much ohms, but you can put an amp between it, like I did. Thats great.
So I recommend the Sennheiser and you can try to buy an single Turtle Beach XP7 ACU on ebay.

But don`t buy the TB XP7 for the complete Price. It is really bad. When I opened it for repair, I saw the plastic fantastic and the Reviews on Amazon confirm the bad build Quality with lots of broken cables.

The Sony MDR MA900 is a good option too, or an AKG 612 + an amp.

All based on best Competitive gaming experience with single player experience?

Which do you prefer? 
- Astro Mixamp Pro 2014 Edition (releases in october) or the XP7 ACU? 
- AKG 612 vs. HD 598

Now when you say "i can put an amp between it" would that enable me to use something like the "HD 600?"  
 PS4 -> Astro Mixamp Pro 2014 Edition -> an Amp -> Headphones

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Except the AKG 612 I have used the 598, the 990 Pro, the MA900 and the... well, the Superluxx does not count (just like the TB seven headphones).
The TB ACU brings you a mighty tool and I think, if you gonna master it, you will hear like hell with a good headphone on it.
But I just used the standard settings. If someone here is around with this ACU too, we could start tweaking thread.

I don`t know, what would not allow to use an amp after the ACU?! Sure, if you use it with extra equaliser Settings, it could cause problems, but if you use an amp just as an amp, it works fine. I only have a cheap amp with four ports, so I could compare the headphones and amp the TB ACU signal.
But at the Moment I prefer the Creative Z with headphones. The Asus Phoebus disappoints me with the Dolby Theatre Setting, so I don`t recommand it. Forget that ASUS Software solution. I have tested a friends Asus essence STX with DT990Pro and the surroundfeeling was better.
I don`t know the mixamp. Sorry.

And I think, there is always a change in your mind which HP you like most. This month I like the 598 most. Last month the Sony... it`s strange. So I am looking and searching the internet for the "uber" headphone.

I mention the 612, because I read a lot about them. They are not that expansive, like the high end HPs and you can mod them with the AKG 712 Ear pads (some People say, that they will get very Close to the 712 with those pads).

All 5 percent more of Soundquality will cost a 100 bucks more I think.

I know a guy, who uses a TB PX21 and he can hear footsteps very good, a little bit better than me, BUT I would never go back to that kind of sound! Impossible, terrible!

I use my headphones only for multiplayer (COD). In singleplayer I use real Speakers (JBL and Heco).

Jun 8, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey, Just wondering when using the TB ACU on playstation4 (Console), Do you have too put a DAC(HDMI/OPitical)  inbetween the TB ACU and console, too get the most out of the sennheiser HD598.     Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back