Turbine Pro Warranty - Is it transferable?
Dec 22, 2011 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Staal

1000+ Head-Fier
So, I'm contemplating selling off my MTPC to fund another purchase. They're a bit worn, but they were purchased from Amazon, so the "no questions asked"-1 time warranty is intact.

My question is, could the person I sell these to eventually use that warranty provided I give him the reciept and box?

Dec 22, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 12
Personally I would return them to Amazon for a new pair, and then sell them. Monster products are notorious for poor build quality, and you will get a much better price for a NIB pair. 
I believe the warranty is transferable. I sold a pair of Golds I had, and I know the buyer has returned them at least once, maybe twice, for new ones from Monster without difficulty.

Jan 2, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
Personally I would return them to Amazon for a new pair, and then sell them. Monster products are notorious for poor build quality, and you will get a much better price for a NIB pair. 
I believe the warranty is transferable. I sold a pair of Golds I had, and I know the buyer has returned them at least once, maybe twice, for new ones from Monster without difficulty.

Do you know if Monster specifically requests for anything? I bought a pair of turbine copper pros and the online invoice that was provided to me has the seller's name and home address on it... I'm just worried when if I ever have to mail my headphones in, the sender address and name won't match whats no the invoice/receipt. My only idea so far is to photoshop the online invoice with my personal information on it...Any thoughts?

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 12
I don't know about the speficic laws where you're at, but around here photoshopping a reciept is fraud. I'd hate to loose my ability to get a job over a headphone reciept.
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
So, I'm contemplating selling off my MTPC to fund another purchase. They're a bit worn, but they were purchased from Amazon, so the "no questions asked"-1 time warranty is intact.

My question is, could the person I sell these to eventually use that warranty provided I give him the reciept and box?

Technically, yes, they can use the warranty (even though it's non-transferable) since they do have a receipt and box since Monster cannot prove that it's a second owner (person has the original receipt).  Is it fraud?  That's questionable, but he will be able to use the warranty.  From memory, I do not think that the warranty is transferable (however again with receipt, nothing can be disproven).

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 12
Yes.  I purchased mine at Amazon, sold in the forums with my receipt, and the buyer replaced it for a brand new one.  I'm sure he returned based on the lifetime manufacture defect warranty, but it was my included receipt that made it happen.  I've owned all the upper level Monster earphones and had to RMA all but one, and each time, the relevant piece of the puzzle is a receipt/invoice from an authorized seller.  The receipt/invoice is key with any return for any reason. 

Yes, in general with warranties, unless specified only applies to the original purchaser.  However, the upper level Monster earphones has a serial number, but it's generic to the model and is not used to identify the individual unit.  I'm not saying it's OK to lie, but as long as you have a valid receipt/invoice, you'll get away with "It was a gift from my friend/cousin/boss/dog".

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:

the warranty is transferable. 

If you (which you will do by the looks of it) do:
1. Provide ORIGINAL proof of purchase
2. Buy from an authorised dealer in the first place (in your case amazon, remember this HAS TO BE amazon THEMSELVES, ie. Amazon EU S.A.R.L

Word of caution:
If you are in the US, and sell them to someone in EU, they most probably will have to go to MONSTER US to get a replacement. This is what Monster told me - however its worth trying to see if monster EU will accept the return or not. Just worth pointing out methinks.

Oh and what price/which ones you selling :p!?

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
It is not transferable unless you bend the truth a bit and photoshop a scan of your receipt.

I think you should call Mosnter - this is not true :wink:

Name doesn't matter - think of it logically:
I bought my friend, who is now moving to the US, some MTPG's, for example.

He now wants to get it replaced, he can't go through me as I live....lets say....North Korea (because I can? lol)

1. he contacts Monster, and all they will need his the proof of purchase.
2. he has the proof of purchase, which i conveniently placed in his present, and told him in his card that he should use this proof of purchase if ever his Monster product fails for some reason.
3. he calls monster, provides the proof of purchase, and sends backs the IEM's, Monster take around 30days to turn-over the product, and there u go.
4. job done, enjoy

Note:
Purchase was under my name, replacement was sent to his address.

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Yes, in general with warranties, unless specified only applies to the original purchaser.  However, the upper level Monster earphones has a serial number, but it's generic to the model and is not used to identify the individual unit.  I'm not saying it's OK to lie, but as long as you have a valid receipt/invoice, you'll get away with "It was a gift from my friend/cousin/boss/dog".

That would be ONE COOL BOSS :D!
lol

But Monster shouldn't ask questions where you got them from - all they care about is: was it from an authorised dealer, yes or no - you got proof *sends them amazon receipt* ok lets set up the RMA.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #11 of 12
so if i were to buy a pair of monster turbine pros from a friend, i would only need their receipt of purchase basically if they bought it from an authorized dealer to be able to use the lifetime warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back