Tuneshell - How to send files to phone via USB?
May 4, 2015 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ike1985

Headphoneus Supremus
I am very much impressed with Tuneshell for Iphone 5.  It has allowed me to save several hundred gigs on my hard drive, because apple will not allow FLAC and I want to keep my FLAC originals so I must convert everything to ALAC thus having two copies.  I am having some trouble with the program though, I have discovered how to copy files via wifi but how can I add files to the phone via USB?  I have a data cap on my home internet connection and don't want to use the data if I don't have to.

Thank You
Ike

May 5, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 6
  Your data cap only applies to WAN traffic. If the software is transferring the files over the LAN it won't use any of your data cap.

I'm transferring via my MacBook pro which is connected wirelessly.  Are you sure about this?  I'm pretty cure Comcast treats all data usage the same.  They have a bar on the website that shows how much you've used, such a scam because they use the exact same data cord coming into the house for their tv services and they have no data cap on how much hd tv you can watch. 

Anyway, do you know how to do USB transfer?

May 5, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm sure. I installed it on my iPad to try it out myself. The Wi-Fi connection is still within the local network. The data goes from your MacBook, to the wireless access point, then to the phone. It never leaves your house, Comcast never sees it.

I don't know how to do USB transfer.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 6
I too would like to know how to transfer music via USB. Wifi is fine for small libraries but not for big ones. Simply stated, it takes way too long and is not as reliable. I emailed the developer twice about this and still no response. Pretty sad since otherwise the program is pretty awesome,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back