Tube Interconnects!
Sep 7, 2002 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
_ATI,B,S_V1b.jpg

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/news/

http://www.wireworldaudio.com/

Quote:

The upgraded cables will be the first to utilize Wireworld's new Silver Tube Connector technology. Designated Atlantis III++, the new cables include their Silver Tube RCA connectors whose design was realized after extensive research. "We have designed our own spade lugs and RCA plugs for years in order to insure a great electrical connection" says David Salz, Wireworld President. "A good cable can't perform well without an outstanding plug". The new RCA plug employs a hollow silver plated oxygen-free copper tube for the center pin, which is said to greatly improve electron flow, especially within the uppermost audible frequency range. The suggested U.S. Retail Price for Atlantis III++ is $112.50 for a 1 meter pair of Interconnects. Speaker cables are priced at $395 for a 2.5 meter pair.

Sep 7, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 11
1) Who's going to be the first to make a tubed headphone?
2) Who's going to be the first to try and somehow tube-roll these cables?
3) A zillion to one odds it uses a Sovtek.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 7, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #3 of 11
Hrm...they're not quite bottle based like I was expecting them somehow to be. The word "tube" is just being used to specify the conductor core config here.

Jan 9, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #8 of 11
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but has anybody here tried the Wiredworld Atlantis III+ ICs? What are your impressions on it vs. similarly priced ICs?

Jan 9, 2004 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 11
man that is just nuts... tubes in the interconnects....

why not just get a tube preamp, source, or amp...

i thought the whole point of interconnects was to be neutral??

pretty strange.

Jan 9, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by mjg
man that is just nuts... tubes in the interconnects....

why not just get a tube preamp, source, or amp...

i thought the whole point of interconnects was to be neutral??

pretty strange.

Not if your the one selling them. Man, I wish I was selling those cables. I'd be rich.
biggrin.gif
But,I'd probably feel guilty about preying on all those people. Do you think the money might clear my conscience?

Jan 9, 2004 at 5:02 PM Post #11 of 11
Sounds like these are just plain ole coax cables dipped in a bit of snake oil and given a fancy-schmancy name for effect.

I made coaxial interconnects at least 5 years ago with some Andrews FSJ1-50 and a set of quality RCA's. They cost a lot less than these did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back