tube amp ( earmax pro ) voltage problem , need a fast help .
Jun 2, 2004 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
I need to know how to power proper an Earmax Pro amp ( std. running by 110v ) since i am in Europe ( 220v )

Should i mod something ?
Should i buy a different power amp ..?

thanks a lot for any help

Jun 6, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by morgan jones
Not half as much as you will lose if you can't apply power at all...

right ( true )...
other options ?
diyers help

Jun 8, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #7 of 9
see if you can identify the transformer and download the manufacturers data sheet

many times the transformer can be re-wired for 120/220 use on the primary side and the colors will be in the sheet

Many transformers have this feature because it is an aid to manufactureres toi just change a connection according to which country it is shipped to rather than use an entirely different part

all else fails contact the amp maker for suggestions

good luck

Jun 8, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
see if you can identify the transformer and download the manufacturers data sheet

many times the transformer can be re-wired for 120/220 use on the primary side and the colors will be in the sheet

Many transformers have this feature because it is an aid to manufactureres toi just change a connection according to which country it is shipped to rather than use an entirely different part

all else fails contact the amp maker for suggestions

good luck

thanks , helpful
but
transformer has got no nothing on , being the earmax pro wuite manufactured .Data sheet unexistent .
I can't find the manufacturer home page neither .

Jun 8, 2004 at 11:25 AM Post #9 of 9
when looking at the transformer are there more than two connections on the AC side ?

If yes then it can be done but you have to contact the manufacturere for the connection diagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back