TTVJ and Hisoundaudio form a new partnership! $ 1 bid for Hisoundaudio’s new released ROCOO BA player!
May 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #136 of 176
Hi All ,

In the meantime while i wait for it to arrive , can anyone please  tell me how good it is for driving  full sized headphones ?

say like the HD 598 or the AKG Q701 which I hear is more demanding in terms of the sources amp power for evoking its  bass to full and sound staging capabilities   ....

May 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #137 of 176
Quote:
Hi All ,

In the meantime while i wait for it to arrive , can anyone please  tell me how good it is for driving  full sized headphones ?

say like the HD 598 or the AKG Q701 which I hear is more demanding in terms of the sources amp power for evoking its  bass to full and sound staging capabilities   ....

My guess would be that it should be fine for the HD 598 and the 701 it will not be adequate. 

May 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #138 of 176
Quote:
Hi All ,

for driving full size HP IMHO it'd be better if you pair it with Rocoo P coz it got more power than Rocoo BA........

May 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #139 of 176
Quote:
for driving full size HP IMHO it'd be better if you pair it with Rocoo P coz it got more power than Rocoo BA........

Quote:
My guess would be that it should be fine for the HD 598 and the 701 it will not be adequate. 

Quote:

@audionewbi : thanks for the opinion ... have you had the   chance  to try any full sized cans with the rocoo BA yet ?. if so can you post your impressions here . would be a great help .

@Andee1310 : Yes , the very same thought had crossed my mind as well some time back because of the 80 mW in P as opposed to the 50 mw in BA  , however on reading the rocoo BA impressions thread i found it to be reported to have more refined and controlled characteristics apart from the hiss issue , as improvements over the rocoo P s signature as well as higher treble quantity and better bass quality as well as an airier soundstage . all these would contribute greatly to my fav genre , that is acoustic / instrumental and classical , as well as vocals to an extent . Not at all into heavy rock / metal . hence due to all these points opted to go ahead with the BA version 's great upcoming option . One last point is that again going by that same impressions thread by a head fier the difference in volume is about 3 stops between the roccoo BA and the P . thats is for eg a volume level of 13 on the P equals 16 on the BA . And i had heard the rocoo P's amp as quite capable of driving full sized cans with ease . Hence combining  the last two observations am very curious as to the drivability of popular cans with reasonable impedences like the HD598 ( 50 ohm) and the much harder to drive Q701 (although not much higher in the ohm range at 62 ) with the BA version it being supposedly only slightly behind the P in volume power at least for IEMS .

hence a post of an  experience of any ones at head fi of having actually paired either one of these popular and well priced cans with the BA for a listen   would hence be highly appreciated indeed .

thanks everyone !

May 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #142 of 176
@avisigma:I am still waiting for it to be sent. Once I have it I will review it against Sony walkman, hm 601, sansaclip+, ipod (wolfson generation) using ER4S, XBA4, HFI 780, k702, Shure 535 and maybe W4. 

May 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #143 of 176
Quote:
Anyone else having an issue seeing music files that are within a folder on microsd card? Says "no file" when look into the folder via rocoo. Any suggestions to fixing this issue?

This issue was reported for many times, it can be solved easy, please use the SD card format tool to format your card, it will work normally. If you have no the tool, please pm me and give me your email account, I will send it to you.

Thanks.

Jack.

May 24, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #144 of 176
Quote:

This issue was reported for many times, it can be solved easy, please use the SD card format tool to format your card, it will work normally. If you have no the tool, please pm me and give me your email account, I will send it to you.

Thanks.

Jack.

Hi Jack, do you think a 64GB SDXC card will work after formatting to FAT 32? Thanks.

May 24, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #145 of 176
Quote:

Two RoCooo-P's for one clean one, is that your final offer 
wink_face.gif

LOL. Clean for clean. Love my -P but a mix would be nice.

May 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #146 of 176
Posted on another thread, I have a RoCoo-P...I ran into some issues with some bad (fake..) SD's, which caused no end of hassle, but finally cracked it all. 

SD card formatter link https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Download the s/w, This enables you to format, etc to FAT32. I have used it successfully. However, if you have a SD card that has some bad sectors, or faulty, or FAKE this s/w will not pick it up.

If you want s/w to perform these functions I can recommend this. http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html I have used this to highlight some fake cards (they report 32GB and format as 32GB but in reality were 2GB), so buy your sd cards carefully, as fakes, etc are on the increase.

If you still have issues, you may need to reflash the RoCoo, I did find some issues with RoCoo due to the fake/dodgy sd cards, but once reflashed and I proved with other sd cards all has been fine since. You will notice if you have a fake/corrupt/bad sectors card by re-examining the content, you will see junk/corrupt file names, etc. 

Hope this all helps.

May 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #147 of 176
Quote:

Thanks.

Jack.

When I had this issue, I re-installed the firmware (same version) on the Rocoo P. That also solved the problem.
(Which originated, I believe, with unpluging my Rocoo from the PC without going through the 'safe to remove hardware' steps.)

May 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #149 of 176
Sorry, I am very busy in recent days, These who won the 3rd auction have been informed by Email. If any participated memeber have not got the inform, it means you have lost the third auction.

The ROCOO BA cauction will be resumed to the normal retail price of USD 249 after the end the 4th auction.

Thanks for participation.

May 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #150 of 176
Hey, just was wondering if anyone else from the third round auction got their packages yet? After how many days should we follow up? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back