TTPOD T1 Tips Thread
Dec 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #16 of 35
Memory foam?

Btw received my B3P1 today :D
Used medium double flange that came bundled on my TTPOD. Probably my tip rolling stops now... I like the fit n sound.

Dec 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #17 of 35
Memory foam?

The title of the Ebay item is "Earbud replacement noise cancellation memory foam tips" but I think that's not accurate. It is denser than what I consider to be memory foam.

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #18 of 35

The title of the Ebay item is "Earbud replacement noise cancellation memory foam tips" but I think that's not accurate. It is denser than what I consider to be memory foam.

Oh... I actually want those JVC Spiral Dots, lot of buzz about those nowdays. But so darn expensive : ( 

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #19 of 35
  I got these from Ebay - Chinese seller:

They accentuate the treble, so good for treble heads (If there are treble heads!). I got medium - red narrow tip. It compresses, but not much. To insert I tugged the top of my ear up and back, and inserted the TTPOD with a 45 degree twist.

The Good:
-stay in my ear canal 
-sound/noise isolation is very good.
-dirt cheap. 

The Bad:
-not really a bad...not certain how these will hold up over time, so even for the price may not necessarily be a good value. I'll provide an update...
-bassheads may not like this tip. But the seller also has a wider bore foam tip.

I also tested with KZ ES with good results. Very good noise isolation and like the TTPOD, stayed in.

What's the products' name on this? I'm pretty interessted as these earphones seem to flop out of my ear canals after about 5 seconds I put them in my ears... 

That sucks pretty badly because I really wanted to like them! I hope this could fix the problem..

EDIT: Haha, I found them already... woops!

Thanks anyways for the post!

Dec 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #20 of 35
  What's the products' name on this? I'm pretty interessted as these earphones seem to flop out of my ear canals after about 5 seconds I put them in my ears... 

That sucks pretty badly because I really wanted to like them! I hope this could fix the problem..

EDIT: Haha, I found them already... woops!

Thanks anyways for the post!

They'll take at least a few weeks to arrive ( faster than my Aliexpress orders) so in the meantime if you have some Hearos ear plugs or similar, make your own! It takes about 5 minutes and the results are pretty good. See the DIY thread for that. At least you'll get to start using these IEM's right away.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #22 of 35
Retrieved some tips from a friend who owns Pistons. Believe me these are amazing and I loved these much more than Senn double flanges. Sony hybrid like fit with no compromise in sound. These feature the widest bore possible for such tip size.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #23 of 35
Retrieved some tips from a friend who owns Pistons. Believe me these are amazing and I loved these much more than Senn double flanges. Sony hybrid like fit with no compromise in sound. These feature the widest bore possible for such tip size.

dang, another nod for the pistons stock tips.  i agree, the sony hybrid had a good seal but the sound was off for me and the tips hurt my ears after a period of time. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #24 of 35
Wow, this seller is so awesome! I had purchased my Tenores from him. He mentioned in message that he'd list anything I need that's available in Japan. So I asked him to get sony hybrids (these are really hard to find online) and JVC spiral dots. He actually did that and messaged me back!

Great seller hehe

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141519808848?nav=SEARCH
http://m.ebay.com/itm/141519830774?nav=SEARCH

Jan 9, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #25 of 35
I bought the Comply T500 in medium.

I found the yellow-cored stock tips (the largest ones) fit me best (best sound), but I couldn't seem to get any to fit comfortably and with confidence that they wouldn't drop out.

With the Complies, I don't push it in up to the IEM body, simply up against the notch. Whether wearing them up or down, the housing doesn't seem to budge at all with vigorous head-shaking and needs no readjustment.
No veiling of sound audible to me.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #26 of 35

They accentuate the treble, so good for treble heads (If there are treble heads!). I got medium - red narrow tip. It compresses, but not much. To insert I tugged the top of my ear up and back, and inserted the TTPOD with a 45 degree twist.

The Good:
-stay in my ear canal 
-dirt cheap. 

The Bad:
-not really a bad...not certain how these will hold up over time, so even for the price may not necessarily be a good value. I'll provide an update...
-bassheads may not like this tip. But the seller also has a wider bore foam tip.

I also tested with KZ ES with good results. Very good noise isolation and like the TTPOD, stayed in.

Which seller did you get these from? I was going to pick up some Comply tips but they are harder to find in Canada. 

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 35

The Good:
-stay in my ear canal 
-dirt cheap. 

The Bad:

Which seller did you get these from? I was going to pick up some Comply tips but they are harder to find in Canada. 

Seller is " wickhang"
Keep in mind that the foam is stiffer than Comply and doesn't compress as much. Working for my needs.

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #28 of 35
   Seller is " wickhang"
Keep in mind that the foam is stiffer than Comply and doesn't compress as much. Working for my needs.

I found a 9 set on ebay I might go for. I've been using the medium silicone red tips which have been working fine but I want to try something else, for 5 bucks might as well try them out. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #30 of 35

Seller is " wickhang"

so how long do these "foam" tips last?

They are not as soft as comply, so will not provide as good a seal. BUT they will last a VERY long time. I use them in two ways. Just insert in ear canal and twist 45 degrees - like inserting a silicon tip OR compress, insert, hold until expands. 

These are not the best foam tips on earth but they are inexpensive and good when sound isolation isn't critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back