TSC IE 5 Impressions.
Oct 9, 2009 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thope

Head-Fier
Hello friends, I just received tsc ie5 earphones i bought on ebay for $10.

impresions:

- Not dual armatures like some of the other reviews and suggested the specs just mean that it is they are driven by 2 armatures total as opposed to 4 in dual armature based ones.

- Highs are very detailed and the earphones themselves are quite efficient, mid-range is not bad but it is the bass that is completely missing. even with excellent isolation using atrio foams these sound like sfi-4 with a bad seal.

- I had to turn the extended bass full to hear er6 type bass from these. these are perfect to use with low bit rate recordings I mean less than 64kbits.

that said, if anyone else wants to have a crack at these, I will sell them for $10 with shipping extra. although i have never sold anything here, my ebay id is rahul0097 and I have perfect feedback.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 4
Rahul, I am pretty glad to hear that they are good at something! I am not an IEM guy at all, and I was able to get these at a discount from their website. I was excited to see how an IEM could sound, and I found them quite uncomfortable, and the sound was sooo thin for me. I guess i'm just not an IEM guy, so i'll stick to my V6, and any other over-the-head phones that I can get. Thanks for posting the review!

Josh.

Oct 9, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I posted a mini-review of these on here back when TsC had that 65% off sale. I actually paid a good $57 for them and for that amount of money they left me quite cold (good thing TsC has a 30-day money back guarantee). Inferior to a lot of the budget hard-hitters in every single way and they are indeed not dual-armature as the promotional materials would suggest. I noted that bass was indeed their weakest point. For the $120 MSRP they have got to be one of the poorer values around (behind the Bose In-Ears of course). For $10 they are great though.

Word of advice: if you actually intend to sell them, post a thread in the Headphones For Sale subforum in the FS/T forum.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 4
Hello josh, it's good to see you here. IEMs in my opinion can match the sound signature you are looking for, quite well. try a pair of sony ex-300's or klipsch s4i from bestbuy they have a 30 day return policy so you can return them if you don't like them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chezzy62 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rahul, I am pretty glad to hear that they are good at something! I am not an IEM guy at all, and I was able to get these at a discount from their website. I was excited to see how an IEM could sound, and I found them quite uncomfortable, and the sound was sooo thin for me. I guess i'm just not an IEM guy, so i'll stick to my V6, and any other over-the-head phones that I can get. Thanks for posting the review!

Josh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back