Trying to repair Audio-GD NFB-11 amp, please help?
Jan 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jrodefeld

New Head-Fier
A couple of years ago I bought an Audio-GD NFB-11 headphone amp to use with my Hifiman HE-400 headphones. I had a really weird problem with it that caused me to be unable to use it for many months. What happened was that the 1/8" to 1/4" adapter I was using actually broke apart when it was plugged in. Essentially part of the adapter was jammed into the headphone port so I couldn't plug in my headphones any more.

After a lot of effort trying to pull out the part from the headphone port, I figured out how to push out the part from inside the amp.

However, the amp no longer seems to work. I've tried several different headphones and some speakers and no sound it coming out. The power light is on as it should be and I've tried all the different knobs and settings on the amp.

I've attached pictures I just took inside my amp. I had to pull up the metal flaps that cover the headphone port to be able to push out the adapter part. They are sort of bent, but I don't know whether that is causing the problem. There is no apparent damage to any other part of the amp.

I don't even understand how the amp actually works, so I'm hoping someone could help me find a solution.

Another possibility is that I've installed the wrong driver, but it doesn't seem like it. I know there are many different revisions of this amp with different drivers for each. I've tried several of them.

When I plug in the amp through USB, Device Manager shows it under "Sound, video and game controllers" as "Audio-GD" and it says it is working correctly. I also know that I correctly set it as "Default Device" under "Playback Devices" when right-clicking on the sound icon in the taskbar.

I'd really appreciate any help you could offer me. Let me know what you think of these pictures:

124yaag.jpg

2j0yqtf.jpg

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 3
Those metal flaps you bent are the contacts for the jack. The first one is the ground, which looks bent upwards, so the contact is broken open, and this would prevent any sound if so.

First thing is to check this is making contact with the metal on the plug.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back