Trying to identify music from youtube comparsion
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alekc

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
I am trying to identify playlist used for this comparison:

I am most interested in learning title of a music starting from 5:53 but would love to have a complete list of titles. Somebody already asked about it in comments sections but there is no reply. I've emailed the author as well but got no response either.

Looking forward for your help.

Feb 12, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 5
It sounds a bit like one of those canned royalty-free discs, or something similar. I'm not sure about that though. And wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 5
It sounds a bit like one of those canned royalty-free discs, or something similar. I'm not sure about that though. And wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Well I have no idea what it is, so any direction is better than no direction. The thing is I not only like the selection and I think it addresses the sounds I like but I would also like to do a comparison in real life. youtube recordings does not give any real SQ feeling.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Well I have no idea what it is, so any direction is better than no direction. The thing is I not only like the selection and I think it addresses the sounds I like but I would also like to do a comparison in real life. youtube recordings does not give any real SQ feeling.

This is just my 2c. So feel free to ignore it. If you're intending to use this for demoing/analyzing your audio gear, then my suggestion would be to use the music (and audio formats) you actually listen to rather than someone else's demo or sample disc. It's just my opinion of course. But I think the first approach is likely to give you better, more reliable results.

I do use my headphones for some other tasks, such as watching movies and news. But the only music I listen to on them is generally YT videos. So it makes perfect sense for me to use YT clips for analyzing my gear, even if the sound quality is subpar to some other formats. If you don't use YT for listening to music though, then it makes little or no sense to use it for your gear analysis.

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 5
@ADUHF there is a small misunderstanding. I don't think you can hear the real difference when comparing different DACs/AMPs using YouTube recording. Too many factors come to play anyway that can influence SQ. That is why I would like to have this set of tracks to hear it in real life on my set of headphones.

The point for the music I like is not only taken but I fully agree with you. The thing is that I like probably 50% of sounds and I would simply like to extend my SQ test playlist of those. I think the selection is nice as it shows a different ends of the same spectrum. Still I would never make a decision about SQ using such a short playlist, but as I've said above I would like to extend mine with those.

Sometimes I am using headphones to listen to YT recordings but not that often. The one exception is when I can not find a song in digital format and the YT isn't of that bad quality, so you can say I use it as last resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back