Trying to find a work around to beat impaired hearing. Good music still inspires me
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

beaser

New Head-Fier
I can still feel the nausea and headaches brought on by highly compressed and poorly processed music. I'm recently really screwed in the left ear, seriously folks, my world had turned to graham cracker dust. I knew my ears were being affected by age and occupational stupidity but I wasn't ready for a "flat" left ear. I had a hearing test today to confirm it. My right ear is only showing a slight mid loss. I can appreciate almost everything in my collection played through my HighFiMan 400i's and my K271 monitors. It's the portable music issues that are giving me grief. . The audio in my family room with PSB monitors and the old Quad 306 on my computer and blue-sound Vault still gets the juices flowing. My ears aren't perfect but the one good one makes things work. It's better than a sharp stick in the eye, as they say.

I figured there has to be more than just a few boomers that didn't wear the prescribed hearing protection while starting the engines on any jet,or working a myriad of construction jobs. I tried but there were always instances when it wasn't possible..

I've been eyeing the FIIO 3x mark 3 and the 5X iii since I was told they had a full set of audio balance controls. The 5Xiii is fairly costly but it has android 5.1 and looks like the bugs have been shook out. The 3X mrk3 would be good enough when fiio has the bugs worked out but it the older interface. They both have blue tooth.

I'm not sure what ear or headphone to use at this point and I'm just starting to investigate. I'll be needing the tunes to keep me going on the physio required to keep me mobile.

I would hope that there are enough high rez sound aficionados that have the same questions. I've run searches and found very little positives on the subject., maybe we can start a new trend,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back