Trying to decide between a Cavalli Tube Hybrid and a JDS Atom
Feb 5, 2019 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SmashBruh

100+ Head-Fier
I’m on the fence between the two and super can’t decide. I like the idea sound of the CTH having a large soundstage and I've been curious about what a "tubey" amp sounds like, but I worry that I'll be over spending since I've heard such stellar reviews about the JDS Atom and how clear it is. Not to mention Audio Science review basically blasted the CTH in it's numbers review. Would someone who has listened to both possibly be able to advise me?

I’ll be pairing them with a dragonfly red as a DAC (will upgrade that to a D30 or something later) and a pair of HD650s as well as Sure SRH 840s.

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I would say get both. While I don't have the CTH I do have 2 hybrid tube amps and have an atom in my collection and the atom is a little bright but has pure detail. All tube amps should be terrible numbers wise(I think so anyways) since the tube sound should change the original sound somewhat. Get the atom first if you want that nice pure quality at the expense of a slight brightness up top. Get the tube amp first if you want to mess around with tube rolling and want a warmer sound. Also for the same price as a CTH you could buy the loxjie p20 which is a true balanced hybrid tube and an atom and it would be $200ish before shipping for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back