Trying out Grado SR125's....so far.....so good
Aug 3, 2002 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fredpb

1000+ Head-Fier
My phones were a bit boring for my bedroom system. A Rotel receiver, Sony 320 MD deck, JVC good cassette unit, Nomad Jukebox 3, and a Sony 5 cd changer. And Headroom Little. Also connected is my small video system, with DVD, VCR, Digital cable, and transmitted signal from my Tivo in living room.

The ANCIENT Koss HV/X were a bit tame. The Sony V6's ok, the HD570s' ok. But I wanted to try Grado again.

So I am listening to the Grado SR125's through the Little. Took at least 70 hours break in. They are a bit bright sometimes, but sound wonderful on the NJB3.

Not "audiophile" quality system, but I like it. Sound is great. The 125's don't have the DEEP bass of the Sony V6's, but now I know about Grado bass and it's "slam". Very impressive.

I like the 125's so far. As long as you don't use a bright CD, like a Mercury Living Presence Stereo classsical CD, you are ok. Some bright music is a bit tiring. You can listen to the Senn HD570's forever on this system, but the Grado's, well, nothing bright.

Overall sound with a well encoded WMA or MP3 is excellent with the NJB3. I am very happy with the Little too.

Aug 4, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 5
ive had mine for a few months, my only complaint is they become physically uncomfortable after a few hours, but since im a real man i dont make a big deal about it

Aug 11, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #3 of 5
After much internal debate, I have decided that the Grado SR125's, powered by the Headroom Little, with different sources, well, they are just too bright. It does not help to go to another room and hear the smooth HD600's.

Some CD's (classical) I just could not listen too, they were actually painful.

So the Grado's have gone back to seller.

Aug 11, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Depends of your tastes.

But I've heard quite a bit of complaints with headroom/grado. They don't fit together I think.

I'm using the 125's with my dad's old harman/kardon amp and they sound AWESOME. I have the loudness mode on, makes the sound so much deeper and stuff.

I have em plugged into my computer. The sound of the SB Live! sucks, but in not so long I'll get a good sound card, and It's going to rock.

Aug 11, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, they sound better than any computer system I've heard

They sound better than any headphone I've heard.

So for me, they are the best thing ever. My friends who's got sennhs, was so impressed he went and got a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back