True wireless IEM recommendations?
post-15242291
Post #1 of 4

Spaceman24

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
So I’ve been very much enjoying my wired Audio Technica E70 IEMs and Beyerdynamic/Astell&Kern T5p but I’m getting jealous of the people who aren’t fiddling with wires all the time.

Does anyone know of a true wireless IEM that sounds anywhere close to the E70 (or T5p)? I’m not worried about quality loss from the wireless tech itself as it’s progressed enough to not be noticeable to me.

The problem is that I don’t think any companies making them put anywhere near the same quality drivers or tuning as the gear I’ve become accustomed to.

I like a moderately dark signature with slightly forward vocals and great sub-bass extension and moderate mid bass kick.

post-15242321
Post #2 of 4

mattiav

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Honestly? You’ll have a hell of a time getting close to the quality of higher end IEMs in a true wireless. A Radsone ES100 (Bluetooth receiver) and a short cable may be a good compromise.

The same pretty much applies to over-ears. I think the Audeze Mobius, Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless and HiFiMan Ananda BT are probably up there for the best audio quality in BT headphones. But dollar for dollar, you can get a lot more bang for your buck wired. I personally have a few BT headphone sets (Advanced Sound Model 3 with MMCX Bluetooth cable, which is a bit fussy but works well, and Sony’s Noise cancelling WH-1000MX3 which are excellent for air travel in particular).

Reactions: serman005
post-15242332
Post #3 of 4

Spaceman24

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Honestly? You’ll have a hell of a time getting close to the quality of higher end IEMs in a true wireless. A Radsone ES100 (Bluetooth receiver) and a short cable may be a good compromise.

The same pretty much applies to over-ears. I think the Audeze Mobius, Beyerdynamic Amiron wireless and HiFiMan Ananda BT are probably up there for the best audio quality in BT headphones. But dollar for dollar, you can get a lot more bang for your buck wired. I personally have a few BT headphone sets (Advanced Sound Model 3 with MMCX Bluetooth cable, which is a bit fussy but works well, and Sony’s Noise cancelling WH-1000MX3 which are excellent for air travel in particular).
Eh, that’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for the Radsone recommendation, I’ll look into that. Also considering the Sony’s

post-15242346
Post #4 of 4

monsieurfromag3

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Maybe look into Hifiman’s TWS600, from what I read bass extension is nothing to write home about but they are mid-centric and competent.

More interesting may be Fostex’s TM2, which are lauded on their own merit but also let you plug in pretty much any other iem instead of the included pair, thus turning them into true wireless earphones. It’s basically like a BT cable or the ES100 (which is nice but definitely not the same as true wireless I can assure you from my work-out experience) which make any gear wireless, but it makes gear “truly” wireless now - not headphones though obviously :o2smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)