true adudiophile card?
Jul 12, 2008 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

nff

100+ Head-Fier
is there such a thing? and if there is what would the price be?

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 72
If by true audiophile card you mean a high quality construction gaming-capable soundcard then the answer is probably the $180 auzentech prelude along with whatever extra hardware you prefer. Other people here with far deeper pockets than I will be able to help you pick out pretty much whatever you need to do pretty much whatever you need it to.

Just remember that if something sounds like it violates at least one of the laws of thermodynamics and they aren't waving around a $1,000,000 check signed by James Randi chances are it doesn't really do what it says on the box.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 72
ah but i do not need all that fancy stuff that bloats the price. i am looking for a card that will do 2chanal and make anything by creative or asus sound like a wet fart. lol so yes deep pocketed members please sugest your best.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 72
Try the ESI Juli@, a studio soundcard with native ASIO, non-bloated drivers, a very good DAC and a good price. Later you can upgrade to an external DAC and use it's ASIO with the SPDIF out. It's what I own.

Before it, I had the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, but the Juli@ is a lot better. It's in the same league as the M-Audio Audiophile 192, but it's a little better (according to reviews) and more versatile with it's TLS or RCA outputs.

Jul 12, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 72
The Lynx L22 is the most audiophile soundcard there is, but cost $675 from pro-audio shops. They normally go for $400 + on ebay in good condition. The Juli is very good, but the L22 is a definate step above - as it should be for the money.

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #6 of 72
> Try the ESI Juli@, a studio soundcard with native ASIO,
> non-bloated drivers, a very good DAC and a good price.

I own one and am completely satisfied. (Being completely satisfied with anything diqualifies me as a true audiophile.) For XP, the drivers just work. I don't know about Vista.

I have an AudioTrak Prodigy HD2 as a second soundcard. It has a later, higher spec. AKM DAC compared with the Juli@ but no balanced analog output or coax digital out. Great sound for $ 75 and the drivers just work.

Bill

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matias /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the ESI Juli@, a studio soundcard with native ASIO, non-bloated drivers, a very good DAC and a good price. Later you can upgrade to an external DAC and use it's ASIO with the SPDIF out. It's what I own.

Before it, I had the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, but the Juli@ is a lot better. It's in the same league as the M-Audio Audiophile 192, but it's a little better (according to reviews) and more versatile with it's TLS or RCA outputs.

Better than the M-Audio Audiophile 2496?
Hmmm, I think I'm gonna buy myself a ESI Juli@.

Jul 12, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 72
If you want a high-end sound card, look at the professional/studio cards. Try the offerings from M-Audio and RME; they are two of the biggest out there. I use an M-Audio Delta 66 in my Linux box. Sounds great, and while I haven't gotten around to making needledrops yet, it's perfectly suited.

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #11 of 72
thanks guys ill check out all your recomendations. and my wallet will be fine for a while cuz im just finding posibilitys for my next build (which wont be for at least a year) so i got some time to save up.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matias /img/forum/go_quote.gif

newb question here. what do you mean by "native" asio?

----------------
Now playing: Cornelius - Drop
via FoxyTunes

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #13 of 72
Native is non-ASIO4all drivers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #15 of 72
ASIO4ALL is not inferior, but native is always better. If you have it.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back