Trouble with a Beyer Manufaktur
Aug 5, 2010 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

frenshprince

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I received monday a Beyer DT 770 600 oms manufaktur, and it seems to have a little problem.
Indeed there is a small level difference between the left and rights ears.

The headphones are not plugged to an amp, and neither burned.

Do you think it could be the cause ?

Thanks
regular_smile .gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 18
Yes I have,

I also tried others headphone on the same sources, and they worked perfectly.
I will try tonight a lot of test tone to see if the differences are on all frequencies.

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
So the myth of German manufacturing quality carries over to headphones also.  Shame.

Germans have the best quality products made on the world. Ever been to Germany?

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #6 of 18

Quote:
Germans have the best quality products made on the world. Ever been to Germany?

Been to Germany 5 times.  I've been to more than 50 countries including most of western Europe including Slovenia.  Travel has nothing to do w/ piece of crap Mercedes Benz that fall apart and break down all over Orange County, CA or BMWs that constantly need service.  That was was the reference for the comment.  Lets not even mention Airbus.

Btw, I loved Slovenia.  Beautiful countryside and delicious country style food.  
wink_face.gif

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
Been to Germany 5 times.  I've been to more than 50 countries including most of western Europe including Slovenia.  Travel has nothing to do w/ piece of crap Mercedes Benz that fall apart and break down all over Orange County, CA or BMWs that constantly need service.  That was was the reference for the comment.  Lets not even mention Airbus.

wink_face.gif

hehe okay, you know your thing. Glad you liked my country.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
...Lets not even mention Airbus.  
wink_face.gif

OT:Airbus is just catching up on all the design flaws made by (MD and) Boeing :)
Agree on your comment about Slovenia.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 18
Beyer's Manufacture is supposed to have ultra-tightly matched drivers.  If they are not, you should immediately request a new pair.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #11 of 18
I made more test this morning.

And it's funny how the differences are.
The left ear has more bass (I'd say 2DB louder), but the right ear has a higher volume on all the rest of the spectrum.

I'm contacting Beyer tomorrow for a change
mad.gif

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #12 of 18

Skylab.  Do you think any of this relates to the issues expressed on the T50p thread?  From a manufacture standpoint.

I'm not sure what issues you are referring to specifically.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #13 of 18

Quote:
I'm not sure what issues you are referring to specifically.

Some were saying that perhaps some T50Ps and the ones at Canjam were perhaps defective.  At least the question was raised, don't recall if any further clarification was made on the matter.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #14 of 18
No, I don't think they were defective at all (I was there and heard the t50p there). I don't think they were broken-in, but they were not broken :wink:

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
I made more test this morning.

And it's funny how the differences are.
The left ear has more bass (I'd say 2DB louder), but the right ear has a higher volume on all the rest of the spectrum.

I'm contacting Beyer tomorrow for a change
mad.gif

What happens if you put on the headphones in reverse way, so that "left" is on the right ear and "right" is on the left ear? Still the left ear has more bass, and the right ear has a higher volume in the rest of the spectrum?

Did you contact beyerdynamic, and what did they say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back