Tronsmart Apollo Bold TrueWireless Stereo Plus Hybrid ANC
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

phaeton70

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone using these cheap earbuds?
https://www.tronsmart.com/products/tronsmart-apollo-bold-truewireless-stereo-plus-hybrid-anc-earbuds
I find them very comfortable and well made, and the noise cancellation is very effective.
20200731_164541.jpg

Aug 1, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 13
Ok, some more impressions after some hours of listening.
These earbuds are for sure bass monster, too much indeed. Eq is absolutely necessary. But if you don't mind to eq, then I think the SQ of these little toys is quite good, would say very good if I think about the price. Once eq'ed, the mids come out very nicely and the highs are refined.
One thing I have found is that given the good ANC, I can listen to a much lower volume than my usual.

PS
I'm using -2db@125Hz and -4db@63Hz in the Samsung eq. With these settings the Apollo is much more linear but still very funny to listen to. I use this setting for rock/pop.
For the maximum linearity (to my ears) I use -2db@250Hz -4db@125Hz and -6db@63Hz. I'm using this setting for jazz.

PPS
I typically listen to a lower volume than average (even with my other cans I mean...)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 13
The bass is actually fine on them. They do clip at very high volumes and with ANC off but I don't recommend listening so high because eventually you will damage your hearing.

The tips are a bit rubbish but Tronsmart have been in contact and let me know they are changing them in the second batch.

My usual foam tip supplier INEARS are working to try and release a version of tip that fits them, until then you can use ikkon tips designed for the jabra 65's and get a very pleasant experience with them.

Tronsmart are a learning company, their products are getting better because they listen to their customers. I keep buying their products because they answer their emails. The sq on these is fantastic, really surpassing my expectations. If they could clean the mic slightly that would make them untouchable at this price.

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 13
Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 13
The excessive bass does calm down after a few hours use - the Tronsmart App helps as you can change the EQ to Jazz (this one lowers the bass somewhat).

What I really like about these headphones is:

Very comfortable
Go Loud
Can disable touch controls for night time use.
Decent noise cancelling
Good battery life
Sound utterly fantastic on low volumes - try them with the volume set to almost minimum and they shine.

What I don't like:

Case feels flimsy (so far so good though - no problems)
Bass is still too much sometimes - especially at higher volumes

The Tronsmart Apollo has become my default choice for listening in bed at night.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 13
Hello,

I have these earbuds, but I don't know whether to keep them or return them. I would like to know 3 things about them:
1) Do these earbuds support the APTX Low Latency codec? (in order to watch TV without lag.)
2) I have read the Tronsmart feedback thread and it seems that many people is waiting for APTX HD support. Me too. Is Tronsmart really going to add this feature or is it not confirmed yet?
3) Could you recommend a good Bluetooth earbuds with APTX-LL and APTX-HD support under $150? (my budget is limited). Keep in mind that I live in Europe, not in the U.S.

I forgot to say that I mainly listen to classical and new age music and a little bit of EDM. I also like to watch movies with good bass.

Many thanks in advance and regards.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #7 of 13
Does it support Aptx adaptive? I think it should cause the lower end QC3040 does support it. If yes means there is aptx HD but not full bit rate.

Nov 22, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #8 of 13
Does it support Aptx adaptive? I think it should cause the lower end QC3040 does support it. If yes means there is aptx HD but not full bit rate.
Note that not all headphones support all codecs supported by their chipsets, hence my questions. For example, the well-known Jabra Elite 75 has the QCC5126 chipset from Qualcomm and know what? it does not even support AptX!! (only SBC and AAC and there are no plans to support AptX, confirmed by Jabra). I hope Tronsmart will add support for AptX-HD. The Apollo Bold has a QCC5124 chipset built-in theoretically supporting SBC, AAC, AptX-LL, AptX-HD and AptX-Adaptive but it's a manufacturer's decision.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 13
@nakedtoes: this could be interesting for you (and all Apollo owners). Read the last reply from official support to my questions.

As you can see, there won't be support for aptX-HD, but Tronsmart is going to study the implementation of aptX-Adaptive. The bad news is that there won't be aptX-LL support either (this codec is good for watching TV/movies with minimal lag). Here's how it is.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #10 of 13
Thanks...... so far no true APTX HD TWS yet...

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #12 of 13
Are there any TWS earbuds on the market with aptX Low Latency support enabled?
From what i know the sport mode for Soundpeat H1 is very good. It does support APTX adaptive.

Nov 24, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 13
From what i know the sport mode for Soundpeat H1 is very good. It does support APTX adaptive.
Back on topic. Ok, if Tronsmart is going to add Adaptive to the Apollo Bold, this is better news than I expected.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but after reading a lot on the Internet, it seems Adaptive is backwards compatible with ALL current codecs and will replace all of them. This means that if a device (smartphone, tablet...) transmits aptX LL data to earbuds with Adaptive support, the latency will be as low as 50ms under ideal conditions (not 30-40ms like real aptX LL, but still very good latency). In the same way, if a device transmits aptX HD data, then the sound quality will be very similar (if not equal) to real aptX HD (because Adaptive codec is more efficient with lower bitrate).

Is this correct?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back