TRON T3, yes I know they are bad.....
Aug 2, 2011 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Raymate

100+ Head-Fier
Dont hate me too much, I wanted to try some in-ear and liked the look of the Monster Turbines, but just to try it's a lot of money.

I have never been a fan of in-ear before.

So I found some Monster TRON T3 on special and grabbed them.

First listen I thought what a waste of money but have let them burn in for about 50 hours now and they are rather good. I'm sure the Turbine is what I really want

My question is I have hard time making them stay in the ear, I have tried all the supplied tips, I tried the pulling ear up and out to open the hole up.

Is there such a tip that is like memory foam so I can squash it up and it will re shape slow enough for me to have put it in my ear and it will form the seal.

I find if I use the buds and do not move at all they stay in.

Never used in ear before and it's kinda strange being able to hear all your body movements even blinking, I take it this is normal.

Does anyone have the TRON T3?

How much better are the turbines?

How long did you leave your T3 to burn in?

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't have the tron t3 so I'm not sure how they compare to the turbines, but I own the turbines and they give you a deep and smooth bass that doesn't bleed into the mids. Overall the sound feels very natural. The soundstage is decent though not the best for its price. If you're looking for bass the turbines will definitely deliver. May I also recommend the Xears TD-III v2. They are from a German company and look just like the turbines. They have a similar sound signature and also offer punchy bass. Personally I feel those have better value than the turbines.

As for tips, there are many foam type tips. Foam tips will help with isolation, resulting in a better fit and most likely deeper bass. ComplyFoam is very popular as with the Shure Olives. Monster actually also have their own foam tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back