TRN impressions thread
Dec 24, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #2,537 of 3,803
My early impression with the Trn T300
First thing first, very impressive! Trn shipping is very quick!

Trn latest TWS, equipped with 3 drivers one dd and ba, and Bluetooth 5.2!

The presentation, like their mid range iems ,is good and simple. This tws comes with 3 pairs of tips and one usb c cable.

The charging case is not too big or too small but slightly bigger than the Apple airpods pro case.
The earphones are made of nice mate colored plastic, I prefer this design to the glossy looking, and are very light. These stay in my ears for hours without any fatigue.

The connection is quick and smooth as expected. For watching YouTube and Netflix, to my ear, the lag is zero.
The case has the intelligent battery display for the case and both earbuds which are very very handy. come on Apple😀

Now to the battery life which is important for the tws, thees earbuds last 3 and a half hours for 85 percent and 3 hours for 100 percent volume.
One piece eats 9 percent from the case and takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to be fully charged, so the charging case provides just above 5 times for both earphones
The touch sensor controls work flawlessly
One touch for next track
Two for play and pause
Three for Google assistant
And four touches for volume up and down
And these features work well with my uapp app!
For phone call usage, I will update later

And Now to the Sound! Yes! 👍

Just a quick listening, this trn sounds good to great
Bass is powerful from that 8 mm dual magnet dynamic driver
Mid and vocal are crisp, clean and thicc like the ba5
Upper mid, thank God, is well behaved and polite like the v90s
The high and imaging are Niiiice - these are very similar to the Heart Mirror!
sound stage as expected for the hybrid is way better than many single dd iems.

With this kind of sound and these light earphones, I can enjoy music for hours.
I will compare this with her airpods pro and play with nintendo switch later,
but I think if you want a work out of the box chifi tws with matured tuning, this Trn T300 is a decent choice
Nice job! Trn 💯

Attachments

• IMG_20201225_070129-01.jpeg
    IMG_20201225_070129-01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201224_214651-01.jpeg
    IMG_20201224_214651-01.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201224_220059-02.jpeg
    IMG_20201224_220059-02.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Dec 29, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #2,538 of 3,803
My early impression with the Trn T300
First thing first, very impressive! Trn shipping is very quick!

Trn latest TWS, equipped with 3 drivers one dd and ba, and Bluetooth 5.2!

The presentation, like their mid range iems ,is good and simple. This tws comes with 3 pairs of tips and one usb c cable.

The charging case is not too big or too small but slightly bigger than the Apple airpods pro case.
The earphones are made of nice mate colored plastic, I prefer this design to the glossy looking, and are very light. These stay in my ears for hours without any fatigue.

The connection is quick and smooth as expected. For watching YouTube and Netflix, to my ear, the lag is zero.
The case has the intelligent battery display for the case and both earbuds which are very very handy. come on Apple😀

Now to the battery life which is important for the tws, thees earbuds last 3 and a half hours for 85 percent and 3 hours for 100 percent volume.
One piece eats 9 percent from the case and takes 1 hour and 10 minutes to be fully charged, so the charging case provides just above 5 times for both earphones
The touch sensor controls work flawlessly
One touch for next track
Two for play and pause
Three for Google assistant
And four touches for volume up and down
And these features work well with my uapp app!
For phone call usage, I will update later

And Now to the Sound! Yes! 👍

Just a quick listening, this trn sounds good to great
Bass is powerful from that 8 mm dual magnet dynamic driver
Mid and vocal are crisp, clean and thicc like the ba5
Upper mid, thank God, is well behaved and polite like the v90s
The high and imaging are Niiiice - these are very similar to the Heart Mirror!
sound stage as expected for the hybrid is way better than many single dd iems.

With this kind of sound and these light earphones, I can enjoy music for hours.
I will compare this with her airpods pro and play with nintendo switch later,
but I think if you want a work out of the box chifi tws with matured tuning, this Trn T300 is a decent choice
Nice job! Trn 💯

just received these and early impressions are very similar yours. i wasn't expecting much since normally i'm not a huge fan of hybrid setups, especially for chi fi stuff. Didn't like the KZ S1 & S2 that much, and the 1DD+4BA CCA CX10 wasn't that good sounding to me too. I very much preferred the 1DD KZ Z1, just that the battery life was so incredibly short and thus degraded extremely quickly. But the tuning on the T300 is quite tastefully done to my ears. Mids are nice and full sounding with good presence in the mix. decent details for a pair of TWS too. Bass is not the deepest i've heard, but punchy enough without sounding bloated, upper mids and treble are elevated, but like you mentioned well behaved and polite. soundstage and separation are quite nice too. Very enjoyable to listen to. even though haven't spent that much time with them yet, i'm already liking them a lot.

my only complaint here is just the ear tips. None of the default ones (just 3 sizes) worked for me at all. Ended up using KZ Z1 tips which were a little shallower and those are excellent on these. it doesn't have a super tight seal like the FIIL T1X/T1XS, but because of that it is more comfortable. they protrude less out of my ears when using those as well. they are still secure enough for sports, and actually for my ears (with the Z1 tips, they are amongst the best i've tried so far) Very minimal thumping sound from my footsteps while jogging or walking, which is similar to KZ Z1. Will still have to do more testing, but they are probably going to be my go to TWS for jogging from now on.

YBaRXta.jpg

Jan 6, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #2,540 of 3,803
Hello everybody, I have a pair of trn v90 for quite some time now and I wanna know if it's normal what I hear.
I tried them with various sources (phone, dap sony nwa55, fiio e10k and topping A50). Is it normal that I like them the most on my cheap phone (huawei p smart 2019)? Because with the phone they sound beautifully, on my dap good but not as good as the phone and with my amps (e10k and A50) the highs becomes unbearable shouty, the bass almost disappear and they sound just awful. Are these a pair of IEMs that need low powered source to sound the best (like the tri starsea I heard saying)? Or is it just me?

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #2,541 of 3,803
Just received a review unit for the TRN T300 TWS set.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 21.06.00.jpeg

Build wise, quite sturdy. It is huge size wise, and maybe smaller ears may have an issue with it, but I have average ears and I do find it noticeably protruding, but comfortable. No driver flex for me.

Specs wise, it is a 1 DD + 2 BA set. It supports APT-X /AAC audio codec/SBC and also wireless charging (and has a charging box with a battery life indicator!). It is rated IPX5 waterproof rating. I've tried it for about an hour, connectivity is very good, one of the best for TWS and BT adapters I've tried, about 10 - 15 meter with no obstacles, and maybe 5 - 7 meters with obstacles, haven't had any drop outs, but will do further testing to confirm this. For battery life, will need further testing too. It pairs easily and I could find it on a few different BT devices with ease.

Now on to sound, which is the most important part. It is actually very well tuned, comes in a U shaped smooth non fatiguing tuning, which is a far cry from the usual shouty or aggressive upper frequencies we see in the usual TRN sets of the past few months. In a nutshell, the TRN T300 has smooth upper mids and treble, mids slightly depressed, and bass is north of neutral but punchy. Very non fatiguing and relaxing tuning. A small nitpick is that bass is a bit woolly and not that textured, and probably the weakest area in the tuning IMHO. I think the TRN T300 graphs and sounds very close to the BLON BL-05S (not the shouty non S version but the garish green S version!), so quite an atypical TRN tuning, but one that I really like.

Technicalities wise, will need more testing, but I think they are above average compared to other TWS sets I've tried. Wired gear will still beat most TWS at the same price bracket, so don't be expecting a technical tour de force for this set (when compared to traditional wired hybrids), but still quite good overall for a TWS set.

Will report back after further A/B testing, and doing battery/connection tests.

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #2,542 of 3,803
Just received a review unit for the TRN T300 TWS set.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 21.06.00.jpeg

Build wise, quite sturdy. It is huge size wise, and maybe smaller ears may have an issue with it, but I have average ears and I do find it noticeably protruding, but comfortable. No driver flex for me.

Specs wise, it is a 1 DD + 2 BA set. It supports APT-X /AAC audio codec/SBC and also wireless charging (and has a charging box with a battery life indicator!). It is rated IPX5 waterproof rating. I've tried it for about an hour, connectivity is very good, one of the best for TWS and BT adapters I've tried, about 10 - 15 meter with no obstacles, and maybe 5 - 7 meters with obstacles, haven't had any drop outs, but will do further testing to confirm this. For battery life, will need further testing too. It pairs easily and I could find it on a few different BT devices with ease.

Now on to sound, which is the most important part. It is actually very well tuned, comes in a U shaped smooth non fatiguing tuning, which is a far cry from the usual shouty or aggressive upper frequencies we see in the usual TRN sets of the past few months. In a nutshell, the TRN T300 has smooth upper mids and treble, mids slightly depressed, and bass is north of neutral but punchy. Very non fatiguing and relaxing tuning. A small nitpick is that bass is a bit woolly and not that textured, and probably the weakest area in the tuning IMHO. I think the TRN T300 graphs and sounds very close to the BLON BL-05S (not the shouty non S version but the garish green S version!), so quite an atypical TRN tuning, but one that I really like.

Technicalities wise, will need more testing, but I think they are above average compared to other TWS sets I've tried. Wired gear will still beat most TWS at the same price bracket, so don't be expecting a technical tour de force for this set (when compared to traditional wired hybrids), but still quite good overall for a TWS set.

Will report back after further A/B testing, and doing battery/connection tests.
Good impression👍 😊A challenger to is the upcoming Shanling MTW300.

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #2,543 of 3,803
Good impression👍 😊A challenger to is the upcoming Shanling MTW300.

Ok after testing the TRN T300 for a few days, I think one area I need to nitpick on is the battery life is around 3.5 hours on a charge. That is expected to go down with more charges, so this may be a dealbreaker for some.

Otherwise, the TRN T300's connectivity/BT is very good, tuning is good too. Earpieces as discussed are on the larger side, but still rather comfortable (just that it protrudes a lot).

Jan 11, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #2,544 of 3,803
Ok after testing the TRN T300 for a few days, I think one area I need to nitpick on is the battery life is around 3.5 hours on a charge. That is expected to go down with more charges, so this may be a dealbreaker for some.

Otherwise, the TRN T300's connectivity/BT is very good, tuning is good too. Earpieces as discussed are on the larger side, but still rather comfortable (just that it protrudes a lot).

looking at various feedbacks, i think maybe i got super lucky. I was able to get about 4.5 hrs at the volume that I usually listen to, so it's not too bad for me. Maybe because the batteries inside them are pretty small (30mAh?), even small variation in capacity might have a noticeable difference in terms of battery life.

BjSWIrk.png

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #2,549 of 3,803
Jan 13, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #2,550 of 3,803
i got the picture🤣👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back