TRN impressions thread
Nov 14, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #2,491 of 3,805
I think this year is a major setback for TRN for all of its IEM products compared to their competitors. Their IEMs completely outperformed by other same class IEMs competitors.

They really haven't had a real hit since perhaps the V90, and haven't moved the needle in terms of tuning or price-to-performance in a long while. Couple that with the sporadic QC and the stiff competition and it's really no surprise that none of their offerings this year have had much staying power after their initial splash.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #2,492 of 3,805
They really haven't had a real hit since perhaps the V90, and haven't moved the needle in terms of tuning or price-to-performance in a long while. Couple that with the sporadic QC and the stiff competition and it's really no surprise that none of their offerings this year have had much staying power after their initial splash.

You forgot the TRN with the best price to performance ratio this year, the $15000 USD TRN golden ears!

Capture7.PNG

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #2,493 of 3,805
Yeah, if they are innovating and maintaining good grip of quality control, I am afraid they will lose so much of the market share and be gone...

Their V90s is a pure failure IMHO compared to CCA/TFZ/KZ

Nov 14, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #2,494 of 3,805
Interesting, what exactly is high pinna gain? So you find the sound of the AS16 better than thr also all BAs ASX?

I think the TRN T2,T3 and T4 are vey interesting. Although the T3 is a 4N silver cable, it exhibitis similar sound character as the other two TRN cables. I have cables from other brands/oem factories and they just don't sound as similar. I personally prefer gold plated silver plated copper mix. Mine has a very clear extension at the lower end I think you should give them a try if you come across one. Btw, I also tried those mmcx to 2-pin adaptors and they don't cause any sonic difference either. My goal was to collect cables made of different materials and I might not be getting more soon. My latest cables is a copper core graphene coated 8 core cable. Very aggressive sound and I don't like it, lol.

I didn't know the M10 has changable cable. Definitely getting a pair during the 11.11 sale (also ordered the blon bl-01).:gs1000smile:

To have CCA C16 which is very near of as16. Asx is a big failure comparing to C16 and BA8
Most big failure all I have

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #2,495 of 3,805
You forgot the TRN with the best price to performance ratio this year, the $15000 USD TRN golden ears!

On the off-chance that there is someone out there who has bought the TRN GOLD and happens upon this post via Google, please get in touch for an interview because all of us here at Head-Fi would like to know everything about your decision

Nov 15, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #2,496 of 3,805
On the off-chance that there is someone out there who has bought the TRN GOLD and happens upon this post via Google, please get in touch for an interview because all of us here at Head-Fi would like to know everything about your decision

I bought it on 11.11 because there was €20 discount. I also like the colour.

Nov 15, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #2,498 of 3,805
Nov 15, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #2,499 of 3,805
looks like tri i3, but wrong colored cable

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #2,500 of 3,805
I bought it on 11.11 because there was €20 discount. I also like the colour.

Respect!

Thanks for taking one (a very massive one) for the team. This deserves a noble prize! Your services to CHIFIdom will be forever remembered! Let us know how the golden ears TRN sounds (I hope the famous TRN QC doesn't show up though).

Nov 16, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #2,501 of 3,805
Intersting, I think I also prefer elevated treble. Call me a treblehead.

I went through my really small collection of IEMs again I still find the EDX most natural for acoustic instruments. :beerchug:

Sorry to hear about your ASX. They actually sound pretty good but too busy sounding for me.

Maybe I should start measuring mine with a multimeter. :)

Edit: I think the reason I like the EDX the best is that it can produce the hollow body sound of the violin and other acoustic instruments while most more expensive IEMs (especially the i3) tend to be too smooth for my liking (I know people prefer smoother sound). I just can't hear that specific range of resonance of the hollow body as much from my other IEMs.

So I just acquired this bqeyz spring 2(exchanged my tri i3 with someone) and now I may say the piezoelectric ceramic has won me over the EDX for string sounds. :gs1000smile:

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #2,502 of 3,805
Anyone using Blon BL03 with BT20S pro which detachable cable type did you use ?

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #2,503 of 3,805
Anyone using Blon BL03 with BT20S pro which detachable cable type did you use ?
Both 0.78mm pin and 0.78mm C pin work fine. The latter provides a more secure fit, but it blocks the vent that is placed on the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back