TRN impressions thread
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,371 of 3,805
That hurdle is getting taller, as TRN is making a history of QC issues; that go back to last year, with the bad batch of cables, to this year’s moisture problems, to questionable tuning choices.
The list of manufacturers who have made questionable tuning choices would be a long one. The tuning of the BA8 is good, imo.

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #2,375 of 3,805
It seems the same thing happened to my pair. I already informed the seller, but I might try the rice trick while I wait for a reply.
I got a message from the store. Apparently it's up to the factory to decide whether they'll send me a replacement. Should they decide otherwise, the store will offer me a partial refund. I told them it's unacceptable, as with one unit broken the BT20S Pro are useless.
We'll see how that goes.

Sep 16, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #2,376 of 3,805
I got a message from the store. Apparently it's up to the factory to decide whether they'll send me a replacement. Should they decide otherwise, the store will offer me a partial refund. I told them it's unacceptable, as with one unit broken the BT20S Pro are useless.
We'll see how that goes.
I encounter again with my right side unable to on/charge. You can try pinching the right module very hard and try to recharge it. Not too hard until it breaks. My unit works again with this method. No problem since then.

I try to return/ask for replacement but no dice.

Sep 16, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #2,377 of 3,805
I encounter again with my right side unable to on/charge. You can try pinching the right module very hard and try to recharge it. Not too hard until it breaks. My unit works again with this method. No problem since then.

I try to return/ask for replacement but no dice.
Mine is dead no matter what I do. I even tried opening it, but couldn't without tearing it apart with tools. I'll see what the store says, then I might give it a try.
Where did you buy your unit? I got mine at AK Audio, and, despite everything, they seem supportive.

Sep 16, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #2,378 of 3,805
Mine is dead no matter what I do. I even tried opening it, but couldn't without tearing it apart with tools. I'll see what the store says, then I might give it a try.
Where did you buy your unit? I got mine at AK Audio, and, despite everything, they seem supportive.
I got mine at Shopee Malaysia but china seller.

There are very responsive when I first got the problem. They even provided full refund at first. But since it can turned on, the have been a little less responsive. Now, I'm trying to get a replacement for them.

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #2,379 of 3,805
I got mine at Shopee Malaysia but china seller.

There are very responsive when I first got the problem. They even provided full refund at first. But since it can turned on, the have been a little less responsive. Now, I'm trying to get a replacement for them.

Sorry that you're having this experience. Personally I have never had an issue obtaining a full refund when some product from AliExpress turns up faulty. Usually the video evidence is enough to close the case.

Sep 19, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #2,380 of 3,805
Would a moderator be kind enough to start a BA8 review page? Thank you.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #2,382 of 3,805
Sep 19, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #2,383 of 3,805
Mine bt20s pro seems ok but I needed to tap on my left part "to have good power". Weird but it's ok

I will see for comparison with bt20s

Some of you received ba8 I found them very very cool!

Sep 19, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #2,384 of 3,805
First impressions are that I like them quite a lot. I feel they are a significant upgrade over the BA5. It's less of a fun or V-shaped tuning and more of a balanced tuning, with mid-range being being more present/immediate/clear, and the bass dialed back a bit. BA5 mids seem veiled and distant by comparison. For me, they're worth the price premium, but I wouldn't say they are more than twice as good as the BA5.

I'm totally agree

great tuning, bass is better than expected, very deep for only 1 ba bass, not very high mid bass. Balanced to neutral tuning. Great highlight on all instruments
for me it's a huge upgrade from cca c16

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #2,385 of 3,805
I'm totally agree

great tuning, bass is better than expected, very deep for only 1 ba bass, not very high mid bass. Balanced to neutral tuning. Great highlight on all instruments
for me it's a huge upgrade from cca c16
OK, so I'm not crazy! Yeah, they're surprisingly good, I think. Better to judge an IEM with your ears rather than your eyes. Are you just using stock tips and cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back