TRN impressions thread
Jan 27, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #1,996 of 3,805
To be honest, st1 may be too bright for movies. There's probably nothing to deal with, take the TRN V90 and you'll have your premium sound at a reasonable price + extra metal shell durability :)
V90 sounds much more mature than st1, for some genres I personally prefer st1, but if I ever have time for a movie, I certainly wouldn't want to listen to st1 :)
You might need 16/24 cores cable to smoothen the sparkling of trn st1 , you might need spark in musicality. In my preferences rumble bass is a must in watching action movies , sub bass that had medium decay not bleeding mid too much.in horror movies you might needing sound stage , clarity and separation more than bass , so TRN BA5 score a pack . I watch horror with it, and i was Amazed by it.

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #1,997 of 3,805
Today I experienced an issue with my BA5 that I'm guessing must have been the same moisture issue that some other people have reported. I was wearing it outside (pretty cold and not at all humid, at that), and suddenly the right channel became fainter and fainter until I couldn't even adjust the balance on my phone's output to make it audible in the right channel. After getting home setting it out on my desk for a few hours, it's now fine again.

Too bad, I was enjoying it as a daily driver / all-rounder, but that's not going to work.

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #1,998 of 3,805
Today I experienced an issue with my BA5 that I'm guessing must have been the same moisture issue that some other people have reported. I was wearing it outside (pretty cold and not at all humid, at that), and suddenly the right channel became fainter and fainter until I couldn't even adjust the balance on my phone's output to make it audible in the right channel. After getting home setting it out on my desk for a few hours, it's now fine again.

Too bad, I was enjoying it as a daily driver / all-rounder, but that's not going to work.
Its your earwax, other liquid subtances that enter into the grill of connector port , wipe it clean by shaking you can see a lot in it its probably blocking the sound

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #1,999 of 3,805
"Using EQ is an sign you bought the wrong IEM"

You can't always find an IEM that has the best tuning for you, the technical performance you want, and the price you can afford/wish to pay. If you have to pick two, then let the tuning go if you can fix it with EQ. Easier to adjust tuning than to alter technical characteristics or psychically will the price of a higher-tier IEM to drop. ; )

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #2,000 of 3,805
Be aware that the MH755 cable is very short. Are you going to solder a new cable on (called recabling), or even concert they to mmcx?

Personally, my advice would be to:

1. get a dynamic driver earphone, not an all-BA or a hybrid. Because they are very robust and you can easily kill a BA driver by dropping it or even knocking it hard against something like a table. BA drivers also are very sensitive sweat and moisture. Even if you don’t to exercise with the earphones, your ear canal can build up sweat just sitting watching TV on your living room couch.

2. get something with a removable cable, not a fixed cable. Because 95 out of 100 times, the cable is usually what goes bad.

3. get something with a 2-pin removable cable, not mmcx. 2-pin is much more robust vs mmcx.

There’s lots of choices that meet all 3 criteria. It doesn’t have to be s a hype-of-the-month model either. Even earphone a year or 2 old would still fit the bill perfectly.

Depending on your budget and what sound profile you are after, just a few choices right off the top of my head (in no particular order) include:

QKZ VK4
QKZ VK1
Magaosi BK50
KZ ZS3E
KZ ZS3
Blon BL-03
TFZ Series 2
Simgot EN700 Pro
Aluglamor (a few different models)

There are others too, but the above list is just a few.

Hey man, I think I'm going with qkz vk4, can you hook me up with a link so that both the products i.e. earphone and cable gets delivered at same time or in the same packpage. If not give me the link for the cable atleast, there are so many 2 pin and mmcx, I dont know which one to get, thanks.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #2,001 of 3,805
Hey man, I think I'm going with qkz vk4, can you hook me up with a link so that both the products i.e. earphone and cable gets delivered at same time or in the same packpage. If not give me the link for the cable atleast, there are so many 2 pin and mmcx, I dont know which one to get, thanks.

What’s your budget? There’s cables for $8 and $7,000.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #2,003 of 3,805
The cheapest possible

Technically, that would be the stock cable, since it’s already built into the purchase price.

Some really good bang-for-the-buck cables are:

1. The silver 8-core FDBRO cable (the one with the black carbon fiber on the plug)
2. TRN 16-core cable (the one with the silver carbon fiber on the plug)
3. HifiHear 16-core cables
4. NiceHCK 8-core cables (the brown colored ones)
5. NiceHCK 16-core cables (the brown colored ones)

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2,004 of 3,805
Would someone mind comparing BA5 with Blon 03? As well how BA5 isolate outside noise?

I need a second beater set, I enjoy blon very much but decent isolating, less mid bass, more detailed, more treble extended version of Blon would have been nice. Does BA5 fit the bill?

Jan 31, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #2,005 of 3,805
Would someone mind comparing BA5 with Blon 03? As well how BA5 isolate outside noise?

I need a second beater set, I enjoy blon very much but decent isolating, less mid bass, more detailed, more treble extended version of Blon would have been nice. Does BA5 fit the bill?

I would just go for the QKZ VK4 to he honest. The BA5 has QC issues so can't recommend it but it does isolate well.

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,006 of 3,805

Yeah, I think that the BA5 has a lot of what you're asking for. That being said I was not particularly impressed by the BL-03 (especially not with the midbass quality/quantity ratio). The BA5 on the other hand feels very competent to me with extremely good ergonomics and pretty good isolation. It'll have less bass (not sub and mid) than the BL-03 though.

If you need that subbass you could consider the Dunu DM-480 or KBEAR Diamond as well but they're both a bit more expensive.

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #2,007 of 3,805

U can consider the DUNU DM-480 or Jade Audio EA3.
Both have much better isolation and less midbass (their bass are linear with more subbass extension/quantity than midbass). I like their subbass growl compared to the BL-03, and without the distracting midbass thump. These 2 sets are also more detailed than the BL-03, with better technicalities and have more extended treble. Both sets however have poorer timbre than the BLON BL-03, so pick your poison - technicalities vs timbre.
The Jade Audio EA3 however is quite bright on the treble, so not the best option for treblesensitive folks, but trebleheads will like it.

KBEAR Diamond is another option. IMHO it is a direct upgrade to the BL-03 in all areas, maybe except in the area of soundstage width. The Diamond not only has better timbre/tonality than BL-03, but also has better technicalities, so it's sort of the best of both worlds. The Diamond still has about the same amounts of midbass quantity as BL-03, but the Diamond's bass is of much better quality with better texturing, accuracy and speed. Isolation is also better than the BL-03, though not as good as the Jade Audio EA3 or DUNU DM-480.

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #2,008 of 3,805
I5B2cdl.jpg

I was very excited about trying out TRN audio’s TRN - BA5 in the ear monitors, and now that I have, I must say for buds at this incredibly low price point I was very impressed. Although I am not trying to say that these are just as good as $1000+ in the ears, but if you have been using $100 - $449 buds, you will definitely want to give these a try. The first thing I noticed was how balanced they are without getting at all muddy. Often budget in ears can have ice pick sounding highs which fatigue the ears with only a short listening session. Budget in ears also often have a very muddy midrange. Many less costly buds will avoid this musical malady by scooping the mid frequencies, which is an equally unacceptable equalization approach. My last pet peeve of inexpensive in the earphones is hyped lows causing any midrange frequencies to be buried in the mix which causes a caricatured version of the recording. The TRN – BA5 in the ears do not have any of the aforementioned faults. The detail that I can hear with these is very impressive. A huge bonus is there are no hyper highs that sound more like fizz than actual high-quality recording. Another welcomed characteristic of the TRN – BA5s is that there are no ridiculous club sounding bass frequencies that sound like an angst teen trying to impress his neighbors with his first kickers. The important human voice mid-range frequencies are warm but not forgotten, having an intelligible articulation. In the earphones should always deliver a performance commensurate to the intended studio session, and the TRN – BA5 in the ears do just that at a price that most anyone can afford. Anyhow, do yourself a favor and give these a try! You can get your own set at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZR8NFHZ

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #2,010 of 3,805

I had both , both are great and many buyers around the world approve that. Their charasteric sound differ one after another , some vocal lovers , rock , jazz and pop lovers are in love what TRN BA-5 offer for such affordable price and real hard working in tuning , the bass are fast , not bleed to the mid , and mid are suprisingly tuned closer to your ear drum with amazing soundstage , trn ba 5 offer surround sound wider than blon 03 , if you are detail lover , you might not regretting buying this iem at this price. Blon 03 is great actually very great at EDM songs , disco songs , retro dance songs and i just hate the isolation of blon 03 if it is designed like trn V90 i had to say blon 03 wins ( just because of its design and isolation issue) , not really compatible with dynamic person who loves to move , with home- oriented users , blon 03 had no issue. Both are great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back