TRN impressions thread
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,891 of 3,805
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #1,892 of 3,805
I dont know about ba5 because i dont have it, but in these 2 song vk4 is better than st1.

Good ambience as if you are actually in the hall, no wonder its good for gaming too. Beware of the test tone in the begining.

You can still hear every musical instrument with good tonality and without different coloration from 2 different driver.

Sory trn but there are better iem for similar price.

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #1,893 of 3,805
Might as well post this here too. I think I got used to the sound they have by now and I don't even EQ them anymore. Not perfect to my ears (I could use more mids I guess) but, pretty enjoyable and definitely an upgrade.

DSC_2090.jpg

Jan 6, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #1,894 of 3,805
Ordered blon for crazy hyped and hella cheapness, ba5 deserve a chance to buy? I have similar kzas10 but that treble is killing me sometimes without EQing it sucks
Read tons of review and whole this trn thread but still can't decide, its cheap but.....

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,895 of 3,805
Ordered blon for crazy hyped and hella cheapness, ba5 deserve a chance to buy? I have similar kzas10 but that treble is killing me sometimes without EQing it sucks
Read tons of review and whole this trn thread but still can't decide, its cheap but.....

I almost pulled the trigger on the blons but I am staying strong! I am gonna skip a generation, i got the v90 and so far really like them. But man it is hard when the new gen comes out and everyone hypes them :) Thats why I love chifi, I dont feel nearly as bad buying a few IEMS a month or two.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #1,896 of 3,805
I almost pulled the trigger on the blons but I am staying strong! I am gonna skip a generation, i got the v90 and so far really like them. But man it is hard when the new gen comes out and everyone hypes them :) Thats why I love chifi, I dont feel nearly as bad buying a few IEMS a month or two.

Me too!! But its been a year :D that's why I'd like to give a chance to sec chifi before blon upgraded version get released :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #1,897 of 3,805
Wow i am not a fan of graph thingy it blows my mind though . Everyone got their own preferences. I am vocal listeners so i prefer BA5 over BLON 03 , blon 03 ia great in some songs( beats, pop, mix , retro ) like dua lipa " future nostalgia" i like blon 03 in terms of its fun sound , some modern songs like beats song are really good in blon 03 . I am one of class listeners so i require vocal to be my number one aspect when i go to sleep i use trn BA5, it is relaxing , i play selena - lose you to love me in flac file, i just drown deeply in the wide presentation and comfort that TRN BA5 offer, very clear with 16 cores pure silver cable.

You're e going to sleep with BA5? Please tell me when you're laying on the side does it hurts your ears? I'm searching for something for that purpose. Blon hurts my ears really bad after some time even if it's small. Plus sonicly BA5 might be something I want from my next iem. Blons bass is too much sometimes, I want more extended treble.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #1,898 of 3,805
You're e going to sleep with BA5? Please tell me when you're laying on the side does it hurts your ears? I'm searching for something for that purpose. Blon hurts my ears really bad after some time even if it's small. Plus sonicly BA5 might be something I want from my next iem. Blons bass is too much sometimes, I want more extended treble.

I have slept with BA5. Its fine for side sleeping for me as the shell fits very well. Almost like a custom. No movement at all. Very good low volume IEM. :)

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #1,899 of 3,805

I'd recommend going for a 'bean' style iem for sleeping on your side/stomach. Audiosense, semkarch, tennmak pro... or pricier western brands like shure or the ultra small westone's.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #1,900 of 3,805
Yes T180 would be an option, I'll look into it.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #1,901 of 3,805
I'd recommend going for a 'bean' style iem for sleeping on your side/stomach. Audiosense, semkarch, tennmak pro... or pricier western brands like shure or the ultra small westone's.
Semkarch is definitely a great sleeper IEM. I wish more IEMs in that style were made. Very comfortable and one of the only styles that I can get a full face motorcycle helmet on with.

Jan 8, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #1,902 of 3,805
Semkarch is definitely a great sleeper IEM. I wish more IEMs in that style were made. Very comfortable and one of the only styles that I can get a full face motorcycle helmet on with.

+1 to this, I use the Semkarch to sleep too. But I think I accidentally killed a cable while sleeping on my side with the Semkarch a few weeks back. That's the hazard when sleeping with wired gear. Luckily it was a cheap $7 NiceHCK copper one, so no biggie and also thankfully the Semkarch is detachable. I wouldn't dare to sleep with a non detachable set, maybe unless it was a cheap one like the Sony MH755.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #1,903 of 3,805

BA5 is easily one of my most comfortable-fitting IEMs. Sleeping on it is asking a bit too much, maybe, since I don't know how tough it is built. But it's definitely something I can forget about in my ear. I am concerned about moisture build-up, though, given the close fit. Either the BA5 or A6 Mini was causing moisture build-up last time I used them, and I haven't isolated which one.

EDIT: Also, you might want to consider what baskingshark said. I could easily sleep with a CNT-1 in-ear if I needed to. The MH755 is also pretty non-invasive, and who cares if you destroy it. I used an MH755 at night because of its somewhat thin, naturalistic sound.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #1,904 of 3,805
I must be crazy, few days I listen ST1 and they 8$ things are my daily driver now! Their sound will certainly not appeal to everyone. It's typical bright and V-shaped sound signature, very, really very similar to V80, but with something from V90. Lows are great, quite fast and well controled, lower mids are close to V90, but upper mids are closer to V80. I like V90, but their are sometimes little bit shouty at the upper mids to me (f.e. Genessis - Invisible Touch). I don't hear any sibilance on ST1. Do not expect any miracle from vocals, but they are not completely bad, maybe they may lack some details, but they listen to me pleasantly. The heights are also very similar to the V80, but they seem much cleaner to me with lots of micro details. Those who hate the character of the V80 sound will have the same problem with the ST1. I will not evaluate tonality, but I like the sound of acoustic instruments on ST1, it does not sound metallic as ****, but again, I'm not audiophile. Due to strong heights the soundstage seems wider, but it has nothing to do with fake semi open design! ST1 sits good in my ears, but isolation is below average, simply because the shell is made of thin plastic as well as a metal faceplate. Only the plugs on the stock cable have changed, unfortunately the material has remained the same, so again has resistance 2ohm / side :frowning2: Fortunately, I also ordered a cheap (4$) copper 4 core cable from KBear with TFZ connectors and L plug. It is much better, resistance is about 1ohm / side and looks better with silver faceplates to me too (you can compare thickness to stock on pic). I listen mostly to rock, metal and electronic music and I like enough microdetails. ST1 suits me perfectly for these genres, percussion has a good reverberation and even though the ST1 have a little simplified sound I was pleasantly surprised regardless of their price. They may not have as rich and full sound as the V90, have poor isolation from ambient noise, but they are lightweight and I like their clarity of sound. ST1.jpg TRN.png

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #1,905 of 3,805
Attn all BA5 owners:

There’s a member who is considering the BA5, but wants to know about it’s soundstage, sibilance, whether it has good seperation for fit to rock genres(hard, progressive)maybe old school metal(thrash, progressive and technical death metal
He’s been a drummer for 8 years, who is looking for an analytical sound to seperate enough sound without too hot treble region.

Can anyone help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back