TRN impressions thread
Jun 27, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #498 of 3,805
I'm looking to buy my first TRN IEMs. Which one should I go with? My budget under $30, and prefer balanced signature. Don't mind if it's slightly on the fun side. V10? V60? Im2?

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #499 of 3,805
I'm looking to buy my first TRN IEMs. Which one should I go with? My budget under $30, and prefer balanced signature. Don't mind if it's slightly on the fun side. V10? V60? Im2?

I don't want to sound like I am promoting for TRN. Consider IM2 for now until I have them come out with something better.

but I refuse to believe that a seemingly competent company like TRN can't improve the noise floor when just about every other TWS I've tried doesn't have an audible noise floor.

I did elaborate the fact that most noisy situations come from sensitive BA or hybrid earpieces with TRN Bluetooth pairings... Many TWS don't have noise issue because dynamic drivers are not noise sensitive like BAs. Try any low-sensitivity DD IEM with BT20s and see if you can still hear hiss.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #501 of 3,805
I finally got around to opening up the IM2 today. I gotta say, this is possibly the best build I've ever seen for a sub $20 IEM. The sound is decent for an ultra-budget IEM; detailed with very good bass and decent mids but the treble is a little too sharp for my taste.

My thoughts exactly. Build quality (got the black ones) is excellent and the treble is a tad sharp. I've been using them daily and got used to.

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #502 of 3,805

I hear a lot of good things about the V30

Jun 27, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #508 of 3,805
@KopiOkaya
Can't PM you so wanted to ask you a question on here... Maybe someone else will find it useful too...

I wanted to pick up a TWS with dual dynamic drivers and swap out one of them for a BA driver (or maybe swap out entirely with a dynamic and BA from a sacrificial IEM). Would that at all be possible or would the result end up sounding completely horrible?

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #509 of 3,805
entire country?? are you serious?
YES...serious. When a company like TRN is letting it's QC lack, and sells cables that advertise them to be something that they are not, it casts a black shadow on their whole industry. For years, people in the West have had a poor opinion on the quality of Chinese products. There's many examples: cell phone chargers that catch fire, children's toys that are filled with lead or mercury, foods that have high levels of contaminants, cheap plastic parts in electronics that fail and fall apart...the list goes on. Then, we finally start getting good Chinese brands like Fiio, QDC, Fearless Audio, Moondrop, etc...that are actually making good high quality products. People are buying them worldwide because they are good quality and offer good value for the money. Its all good steps forward, and makes me rec these companies. Then, along comes TRN, and they get busted for producing cables that claim to be a certain core, but turns out that not all of the cores are properly soldered to the connectors. It makes me look like a horse's ass when I rec Chinese product to others who are sceptical already of them, based on past experiences. I'm always looking to find good quality, low priced gear to rec to others like me, who are on a limited budget, and are looking to find appealing lower priced alternatives to the big money Western brands. Poor construction and downright LIES don't help when it comes to helping people change their perceptions. I own Moondrop KPE and KZ ZS10 PRO, and love them both. Also own ISN Audio C16 copper cable for my KPE and JCALLY 8 core for my ZS10 PRO. All of these are Chinese made, and I totally rec them to my friends. How can I rec the TRN stuff, when it's getting such a bad rep for it's build? Seriously?! Wires that aren't even connected? Why would anyone think that's acceptable?

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #510 of 3,805
@KopiOkaya
Can't PM you so wanted to ask you a question on here... Maybe someone else will find it useful too...

I wanted to pick up a TWS with dual dynamic drivers and swap out one of them for a BA driver (or maybe swap out entirely with a dynamic and BA from a sacrificial IEM). Would that at all be possible or would the result end up sounding completely horrible?

Hahaha... You asked the wrong person. I am not that technical, although my training requires me to be technical.

Well, I am sure it can be done but not sure how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back