TRN impressions thread
Aug 10, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #3,361 of 3,805
You and I both. I have the large kbear-07 tips for a good seal. This is a great lil iem
Yeah it's kind of a different experience. I've yet to have an iem that changes so drastically with a tip change. Anyone use this little gem with a CP155?
I'm a huge fan of the BL03, but the TA1 max is on a different level. Way more soundstage(which isn't saying much compared to the BL03) a lot faster attack speed, and the bass doesn't go as deep, but it's quite a bit snappier. I'm really enjoying this one.

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #3,363 of 3,805
Well here's a strange little find. I brought the TA1's to work with me today and I have an old pair of the freebie Samsung AKG buds sitting in my desk and it just so happens that I have all the tips that came with them(you tend to accumulate things in your desk when you work for the same company for 30 years). The tips that come with them are large bore(lucky me) and very soft. Guess what I'm using :) They sound really good on the max. Got a little Ghost/Little sunshine playing :L3000:

Aug 10, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #3,364 of 3,805
I use the same tips. The stage on those is bigger than most IEMs, must drag them out again for a listen. :L3000:
Ya I seem to always go back to them. I have plenty to choose from but the 07's which are the same as the Fiio Bass tips (different color) have always added so much in dynamics and stage. I'm sure it has to do with the more firm inner bore. Plus the seal is fantastic for me... Cool man

Aug 11, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #3,365 of 3,805
Yeah it's kind of a different experience. I've yet to have an iem that changes so drastically with a tip change. Anyone use this little gem with a CP155?
I'm a huge fan of the BL03, but the TA1 max is on a different level. Way more soundstage(which isn't saying much compared to the BL03) a lot faster attack speed, and the bass doesn't go as deep, but it's quite a bit snappier. I'm really enjoying this one.
Couldn't agree more. I too am a huge fan of the BL-03 and you are spot on with the TA1 Max in my opinion. It's really cool what we are getting from the budget space anymore. What a fantastic little set.

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #3,366 of 3,805
It's really cool what we are getting from the budget space anymore. What a fantastic little set.

I'm more interested in companies punching above their weight for the dollar like TRN than the audiophile meccas that flaunt high price tags. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed, plus... I wind up buying more from TRN than the obligatory one big spend with the behemoths.

Aug 11, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #3,367 of 3,805
I'm more interested in companies punching above their weight for the dollar like TRN than the audiophile meccas that flaunt high price tags. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed, plus... I wind up buying more from TRN than the obligatory one big spend with the behemoths.
Yup I agree the strategy of "taking reference" from DUNU seems very successful. And my ST5 should arrive tomorrow.

Aug 12, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #3,371 of 3,805
I’m fully excited about the potential of the TRN ST5. So many details to wonder about. Amazing they include 2.5mm balanced, 4.4mm balanced and 3.5mm single ended, at no extra charge!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #3,374 of 3,805
I'm excited due to their propensity to execute much better tuning of recent, irrespective of this costing much less than the BAX.
Actually when I first heard the BAX, it came to me that TRN could design an IEM with “close-to-the-same” tuning but not use expensive EST drivers. Though at this point I’m not sure if that exactly took place, but I hope so? The look of the two is remarkably close. They didn’t need the ST5 to have the expensive stainless faceplate either. So.....when you look at the cost-to-build ideas, it may in-fact become a no-nonsense BAX? When you think about it, why wouldn’t they tune them as close to the same as they could? Being the BAX was/is their TOTL Flagship, then they simply trickledown the tech, and make a great priced IEM as close to the BAX as they can..........win, win. We win and they win! I can’t wait to find out how close they came to undermining the value of the BAX! I mean the BAX is already an insane value, so.......how much of a value will the ST5 be? 5X insane?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back