TRN impressions thread
Jun 11, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #286 of 3,803
Has anybody heard IM2?

I am tuning IM3 right now. Same 1DD + 2BAs configuration.

I am not really retired. Still working but in a relaxed mode... Not going to push myself hard like I used to during my younger days.

My health condition now isn't good, so I am taking life easy. Making sure I am eating well, getting plenty of rest and not stressing myself unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #288 of 3,803
I just received the marketing material from TRN yesterday. It will be launched in Mainland China and HK SAR on the 15th, and international launch approximately a week later.

Thanks for that! Let us know if you hear more!

Anything else included in the marketing material? Something you can share?

Jun 11, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #291 of 3,803
Wow... You really are pissed... And I can't blame you. Working for a company like that sure have lots of anger and frustration bottled-up all these years. To tell you the truth, UPS and DHL are no better than FedEx (in your case, FedUp Xpress or FedUpX).

Anyway, judging from your "biography", we should be around the same age. Come on, relax! Life is more than just FedUpX, audio and Chinese conmen... I am taking life easy these days due to my diabetes and hypertension. How many more decades can we live on this Earth to smell the roses?

At our age, the biggest conmen of all are hospitals, pharmaceutical and insurance companies. Keep yourself healthy and free from worries so they won't come knocking at your door.
Yeah, you are right. In the past 2 years things have stabilized a bit. I finally got my government disability pension with a bit of retroactive pay, so that's a positive. I still haven't got a car yet again, but I'm sure that will come eventually, when my lawsuit gets settled. Still, it's hard to accept that my income is a quarter of what it used to be, just because I got sick. At the same time though, I don't have to worry anymore about monthly car payments, repair bills, fuel or insurance payments. I got a network of friends who take me for groceries or even lend me their car once a week. I'm doing OK. It just makes my blood boil though, when I think about how many years of my life I wasted doing their bidding, with the "full time" carrot being teased in front of my nose, but not actually being delivered. It's kinda like this TRN cable thing. Just another big company that over promises and under delivers. FedEx took my health away from me...TRN takes our money. It's that simple. I hate big companies that cheat their customers, just so their managers and higher ups, get their bonuses.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #293 of 3,803
Yeah, you are right. In the past 2 years things have stabilized a bit. I finally got my government disability pension with a bit of retroactive pay, so that's a positive. I still haven't got a car yet again, but I'm sure that will come eventually, when my lawsuit gets settled. Still, it's hard to accept that my income is a quarter of what it used to be, just because I got sick. At the same time though, I don't have to worry anymore about monthly car payments, repair bills, fuel or insurance payments. I got a network of friends who take me for groceries or even lend me their car once a week. I'm doing OK. It just makes my blood boil though, when I think about how many years of my life I wasted doing their bidding, with the "full time" carrot being teased in front of my nose, but not actually being delivered. It's kinda like this TRN cable thing. Just another big company that over promises and under delivers. FedEx took my health away from me...TRN takes our money. It's that simple. I hate big companies that cheat their customers, just so their managers and higher ups, get their bonuses.

Welcome to the corporate world. Here in Singapore, there is a name for this type of companies - buaya or crocodiles. Why crocodiles? Just like the reptiles, they will observe you from the side and launch a snapping attack before you can react. If you struggle, they will toss you back and forth until your energy is completely drained and lose all determination to live. Finally, they will swallow you whole, digest you slowly and spit out your bones without looking back. Yum!

In the past 30 plus years, I have been working with "buaya", and I have learned to integrate into their community. Expect the least expected and don't hope for rewards or returns. Well, that's life. Most importantly, I survive!

These "buaya" won't live forever. Eventually they will kill and swallow each other. Those of us who live can just enjoy the action from the side.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #294 of 3,803
Welcome to the corporate world. Here in Singapore, there is a name for this type of companies - buaya or crocodiles. Why crocodiles? Just like the reptiles, they will observe you from the side and launch a snapping attack before you can react. If you struggle, they will toss you back and forth until your energy is completely drained and lose all determination to live. Finally, they will swallow you whole, digest you slowly and spit out your bones without looking back. Yum!

In the past 30 plus years, I have been working with "buaya", and I have learned to integrate into their community. Expect the least expected and don't hope for rewards or returns. Well, that's life. Most importantly, I survive!

These "buaya" won't live forever. Eventually they will kill and swallow each other. Those of us who live can just enjoy the action from the side.
Yup, you got that right. I'm much less stressed anymore. And now, I can even dabble in some hifi gear. I'm diggin this new chi!

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #295 of 3,803
A TRN engineer constructs a new prototype IEM for testing.

Re-tuning the prototype IEM based on my suggestions (green line).
922a40e001f6f6d877f340dfa1bfe37e.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #299 of 3,803

Users who are viewing this thread

Back